Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Weekly food costs

We, two of us eat quite healthily, hardly ever eat a take away and try not to eat out very often. I am trying to work out how much we spend on food in a week.

It's hard to work out because I do a big online store cupboard shop every six weeks or so and then shop as we go along along though we always have fish and chicken in the freezer.

I cook from scratch so we dont buy any processed foods. I think we probably spend about £120 per week but I'm going to start making careful notes

Is this amount about average do you think?
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

£120! How many of you? Just 2?
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Sounds about right to me if you aren't buying ready meals etc.

We spend more but we are tinkers for using M & S and then get carried away.

Just spent £63 there, plus £24 in Sainsbury's but that was an 'emergency' shop so will be hitting Asda on Monday.

I think we do about £140 a week on average.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
£120! How many of you? Just 2?
Yup, two of us. This finger includes any alcohol both in and out (we dont drink much) all restaurant and takeaway foods (virtually none) the odd coffee out etc.

Is this too much.

For lunch today we ate beef casserole, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and asparagus. So lots of fresh veg.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Sounds about right to me.

We spend about the same, on average - maybe a little less most weeks as we don't tend to eat out on a weekly basis - but once a month we would spend double that in a week with a big meal out- there are 3 of us here, but it does not cost much more to feed one extra mouth with home cooked food.

(we had leek and potato soup for lunch, will be having fish, peas and bubble and squeak for tea)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We probably spend about £120 but It's hard to say cos I am always popping into shops for bits and we eat out on average once a week. Just two adults and a goldfish. Oh and a birdtable and squirrels.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’m just about to do our online food shop, I cook from scratch most days , 3 of us as eldest very rarely eats at home and 2 dogs we spend about £100 a week, I have to nip to local Tesco express for a few bits and bobs mainly bread and milk but always buy more 😱 so I bet another £20-£30 a week there. There’s no things like alcohol included in the shop, and as Asda have just put their Xmas shop online I’ll be buying a treat or two each week to go in cupboard and try not to eat early
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

We are 3 adults and two children (7 and 6) and two dogs. We average about £75 a week. I do all of our cooking from scratch (I do pay for the boys to have school lunches though)
I get dishwasher tablets on a subscribe and save with Amazon, along with flea stuff and wormer for the dogs and cleaner for the washing machine and dishwasher, which is an extra £35 every 6 months, and I have a subscription for washing tablets which is £3.99 every 19 days.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

£68 in Asda yesterday. That will do 2 of us for 2 weeks, excluding a top up shop for bread, milk, fruit and salad next week (another £20ish).

I don't do ready meals or takeaways. I follow a lot of recipes aimed at 4 people then freeze the other 2 portions for the following week.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We spend about £120 a week for 2 adults and 2 teens and a 9 year old. School lunches on top.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List