Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We spend maybe £50 per week for 2 adults. Some weeks its less, some its more, but that's around average. I order dishwasher tabs and washing pods from Smol online, which is about £5-6 per month or so (don't need dishwasher stuff every month).
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I don’t really know and I don’t really care to be honest. We rarely eat out or have takeaways. There are two of us but as we look after our grandchildren while parents work we feed them 3/4 times a week also and they are back on a Sunday with their parents and my other son for their Sunday roast.

It was a different story when we were younger and had to keep to a budget but we can afford to buy what we want now - so we do.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I don’t really know and I don’t really care to be honest. We rarely eat out or have takeaways. There are two of us but as we look after our grandchildren while parents work we feed them 3/4 times a week also and they are back on a Sunday with their parents and my other son for their Sunday roast.

It was a different story when we were younger and had to keep to a budget but we can afford to buy what we want now - so we do.
Great feeling isn't it?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

There’s two of us and we usually spend £40-£45 and that includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and household bits. Lately we’ve been getting £12/£7.50 off of £50 and we’ve genuinely been struggling to get it to £50.

It doesn’t include cat food as we get that on subscription (that would add about £10 a week).
Kd0758 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

My lidl budget is £30 a week and this always includes a bottle of wine.
That is for an average of 6 evening meals, weekend breakfast (I do 16:8 midweek) and lunches, mon-fri just me, sat and sun both of us. This includes household goods and cleaning products, and some toiletries. We had sirloin steak one night last week, so we don’t eat cheap, I cook everything from scratch.
We probably eat out 1 x per week which would cost £30-50 inc alcohol.
I will usually go again though and buy some wine, but still, some of these amounts are scary
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m trying shopping for 3 days at a time, just to try and cut down on waste, my shopping Bill is just going up & up,
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We probably spend about £120 but It's hard to say cos I am always popping into shops for bits and we eat out on average once a week. Just two adults and a goldfish. Oh and a birdtable and squirrels.
I laughed at this - the birds in our garden eat as well as we do - costs a fortune
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

A adults and a teenager, we average £65 and that includes all the household stuff as well. I always take sandwiches and squash to work so that's minimal cost. We rarely eat out /takeaway, probably 1-2 times a month.
I am squeaky tight with money and bills. Always have been.
When I got divorced , I lived on my own again and after all bills /transport and food etc I was left with£30 a month to do with as I pleased.
That makes you extra tight. Lol
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm now, out of curiosity, going to keep a list of what we spend over the next 4 weeks to try to get an average.
There are 2 of us, plus some days DD or/and my dad will come round for dinner. We never have takeaways and the only 'ready meals' I ever buy are some of the Slimming World ones, so that I always have a couple in the freezer.
We do go out for lunch whenever we want, on DH days off, and Sunday lunch if DD/dad not coming round.
We eat lots of chicken, beef, 5% mince (you can tell I do SW ), some fish and loads of fresh veg and fruit. Most meals i cook from scratch. DH has a sweet tooth so I bake regularly and there's always biscuits etc in.
For the past couple of months we've done a bigger Aldi shop and gone to Tesco, M&S etc for the things I cant get there so I know we've spent less but don't really know how much less.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 06:12 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
We spend £80 a week for the 2 of us and 2 pampered pooches, plus about £50 every 2 months on amazon subscribe and save for dog food, coffee beans, coffee syrup and loo rolls...
Main shop is at Lidl but often call at the local farm shop for sausages and other bits... if we call at Tesco it can cost a whole lot more
I’m old fashioned, cook from scratch and hate ready meals... rarely have takeaway but that’s a tenner at the local chippy once every blue moon...
I have had menu boxes (hello fresh, gousto and eat fresh) because they mean I try different recipes without having to buy and possibly waste ingredients, but only when they’re on offer and then I spend less at Lidl...
Have you tried simply cook? It’s much cheaper as it’s just the herbs and spices and the recipes are really good.
Full price is a tenner for 4 recipes, but if you go to cancel it’s only 7.99 if you say you are cancelling on price. You also get a free box to everyone you recommend.
I have a code for 4 meals for £1 if anyone fancies trying it, I find it so good as you aren’t tied to cooking it when the box comes, and you aren’t overpaying and paying P&p on an onion 😂
Really has improved my weekly menus