Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
3rd Time's The Charm - Pre-Trippie 4

Me - Hayley - 37
Him - Justin - 38

3rd Time's The Charm - Pre-Trippie 4 - Wish we could get excited...

So, here we are, less than a week to go and still feeling sick with worry. I'm usually a very optimistic person and tend to go with the flow rather than worrying about stuff that I have no ability to change, but I've got to admit, the ash cloud situation is still such a worry. I had started to relax about it, but then with the airspace closures over the past few days, I just can't help thinking that we're going to be very unlucky.

This time next week, I really hope we're settled in the hotel, but I can't help but feel a little concerned about whether this is going to happen.

But, in true DIBBer fashion, we're still planning it all as if we will go.

Packing is nearly completed, just the last few bits of clothes getting dry before packing into the cases. Everything else is ready to go.

We booked Exit seats today with BA - quite pleased really. We pre-booked our seats to ensure an aisle seat for OH when they first became available at £20 each. Always wanted to book an exit or bukhead seat (OH is 6'5" so it's a bit of a no-brainer) but was worried we'd have to pay a further £50 for this. Since it's now under 10 days til the flight, the exit seats have become available and - result - only had to pay £30 each to make up to the £50 cost. So advice to anyone else thinking of doing this, if you've already paid £20 to prebook, don't let them charge you £50 on top of this for exit seats.

Sadly, couldn't do this online, since they had to refund my original payment and then resubmit the new one, but fine with me. We can now stretch out and that is going to make a happy flight.

We've booked with Gray Line for transportation and tickets for Kennedy Space Center on Friday 14th for the shuttle launch. This is going to mean getting up at 5am or so on our first day in order to catch the coach across the road at the QIP at 6am, but worth it. I've worked on the assumption that we'll be awake early anyhow, since we're still likely to be working on UK time, so hopefully we won't be too shattered to enjoy the experience. We're going for the VIP viewing at the causeway - it's a chance of a lifetime, so even more reason to want the flights without delays.

Typically Oscar (our dog) had another flare up of his disease a fortnight ago, but thankfully the lady who will be looking after him is fully aware of his condition and is prepared for it. In a strange twist of fate, since he's now back on a nasty dose of steroids to keep it under control, he's now much less likely to get another flare up while we're away, which is a relief if nothing else.

My temp starts tomorrow at work - will be fun to train her since she's worked for us before and has become a firm friend in the meantime - we'll have a great laugh and it'll be nice to have some company for a few days.

My last day of work is going to be Tuesday, allowing an easy transition on Wednesday - Oscar the dog is heading off for boarding at 1pm and we're planning to drive to Gatwick around 5pm - it's about a 2.5 hour drive, so good timing to get to the B&B in time for supper up the road in the local pub.

So, I guess there's nothing else to do, apart from DIBB like crazy and watch the news and pray for the winds to keep the ash away.

Good luck to everyone who is due to go in the next few days & please keep your fingers crossed for us too.

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for you
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
naughtynoonoo
Excited about Disney

fingers crossed for you. I am trying not to get really excited, but it is sooo hard. I keep thinking what will be will be but I am quitely praying it will be ok, but who knows?
Old 7 May 10, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have got my fingers crossed that you will get away on time

Have a great holiday and look forward to reading all about it once you return!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tappers01
slightly serious Dibber

tappers01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Everything crossed for you - have a great time
Old 24 Aug 10, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

poor wee man hope he is better now - ive settled down with a cuppa to enjoy the trippy L