Notices

Old 18 Sep 10, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Just over a week to go and he still has no idea!

Well this trip was book 119days ago and some how I have managed to keep the destination a secret - my partner thinks we are off to Marbella!

We are a couple with three children but the children are staying at home for this holiday . It was a tough decision but having never had a holiday just together and barely making it through the last two really tough years with our relationship in tact , we really need it! The kids are staying with their grandma and they keep asking when we are going as they are desperate to stay with her - typical! Family holiday next October which is going to be after a year of planning to help our son who is currently under the autism diagnosis process.

I did an almost identical holiday last year just with the girls - par of my rebellion (hence the relationship problems!)so we are doing it together as we are really good now.

Cast:
Me, Abi 24

Colin , the unsuspecting partner 28

Yasmin , 24 - my best frien in the whole world

Dan , 28 - Yasmins partner
The plan:
We are flying on the virgin 11.15 flight heathrow to Miami and due to living near Manchester we are going down very late he night before to stay in the Marriott Heathrow and leaving our car with park on my drive.

We have booked a SUV with budget at Miami airport and then we will drive to Fort Lauderdale to stay in the Marriott Beachplace towers in. 2 bed apartment overlooking the beach. We plan to visit Miami, eat at cheesecake factory, tour the waterways , sunbathe and sample the night life here. We stay here for 3 nights before moving to Orlando.

We will arrive early afternoon in Orlando staying at our timeshare Westgate Lakes in a 2 bed apartment. First afternoon will be a little drive up I drive and then an evening at bubba gumps and city walk. Then we have 2 full days to do all four Disney parks - we managed last year in a day and a half but I did run it like a military operation! Meals for the two nights will be mannys and bahama breeze. 3 nights here too.

We will be heading off early on our departure day as we are driving to key west! Stopping at sundowners in key largo for a long lunch. We are staying at the Marriott beachside in a 3 bedroom gulf view - it is nothing short of pure luxury! We have loads of nice meals planned here. The first full day will be doing a full day of watersports with sunset watersports - it is fab - jet skiing , banana boat , slides , snorkelling , waterskiing , parasailing etc. The rest of the time at key west will be exploring and recovering from nights out! We are here for 4 nights before heading back up to Miami and flying home !

We plan to keep it a secret as long as we possibly can . We will be doing online check in and just bag drop at the airport so hopefully we can distract him enough to get almost boarding before he realises! He has already been told we are flying with a branch of virgin to Spain ! If anyone has any tips to keep it a secret please let me know. I will try to update at the airport! Only 1 week and 4 days to go!

Abi x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 10, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Wow, I'm excited for you, what a surprise!

Hope you have a wonderful time
Old 18 Sep 10, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kayald
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have you done his esta? Just checking.
Old 18 Sep 10, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kayald View Post
Have you done his esta? Just checking.
He has a valid one from a recent trip to America thank you
Old 19 Sep 10, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

WOW Abi how good are you actually being able to keep the secret i would of caved in by now with the excitement! It sounds like you have got a wonderfull trip planned and you both sound like you deserve it. I hope you have an amazing trip and your partner gets the best suprise!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow - have a great holiday
Old 19 Sep 10, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
HoneyB
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You've done so well keeping it from him - I'd have caved by now! Love the sound of your trip, have a great time!
Old 19 Sep 10, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

i hope you are going to have the camera ready when he realises, as his face is gunna be priceless
Old 21 Sep 10, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

hope you have a fab trip
Old 21 Sep 10, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

:)

my fiancee did this for me! he told me we were going to teneriffe for a week and at the airport he gave me a present. it was a wrapped orlando book. i was quite confused!
he then told me were going to florida for three weeks! we were going to disney and for a dolphin swim at discovery cove. i couldnt believe it! i still dont think i can believe we went and it was in may when we were there!
him and his mum booked my extra two weeks off at work for me. lots of people knew about it and i dont know how they kept it a secret for so long!
i couldnt swim very well. i had no confidance in deep water at all so that was a problem my fiancee had. he got his mum who was a swimming teacher to give me lessons and i got my 25 meter badge my fiancee basically said that the water parks at teneriffe were really good so i needed the confidance!
he even showed me things on the internet about where we were supposedly staying and he printed waterpark tickets off the computer! he even got some euros for me in an envelope! if you know anyone that has any old money they dont want maybe you could give him that to throw him off the scent!
my boys are 12 and 15 and they stayed with grandparents. they were happy for me when i got home as we havent been anywhere on holiday alone before.
i think that when he finds out what you have done for him he will be so excited! its lovely when people do such nice things like that. enjoy your holiday