Notices

Old 28 Apr 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's ADR day tomorrow!
We aren't booking a huge amount of ADRs as we want to save some TS credits back for last minute decisions when we are there (considering Fulton's, but haven't totally decided yet, and will probably try for Raglan Road).

So, here's the ones we're booking.

Cinderella's Royal Table for our first morning. Hoping for an 8am time so we can get in the park before it opens and then spend the day in MK.

California Grill on 30th Oct for a 7pm time. Fireworks are at 8pm that night I believe, so we can nip out to watch them and then enjoy the rest of our meal.

Le Cellier on the 3rd Nov at 5pm. We'll be spending the day in the park from opening, but don't plan on staying for Illuminations, and will probably head over to the Boardwalk in the evening.

Narcoossee's for the 4th Nov at 7pm. Looking at my plan, we don't have anything organised for that day, but we have Epcot the day before and Universal the day after, so I imagine this will be a relaxing day.

Boma on the 7th Nov at 6pm after our day at Animal Kingdom. We did originally opt for Jiko as I wanted to eat there on our honeymoon when we stayed at AKL, but we couldn't get a table. After looking at the menu and Matt vetoing nearly everything on the menu, I thought Boma would be a safer bet-he loved the food that was available at the AKL conceirge level on our honeymoon, so he must be able to find something to eat from the buffet here.

Liberty Tree Tavern on the 9th Nov at 4pm. We're going to the MVMCP that night, so thought an ealry ADR in the park would be a nice start to the party, and means we can have a proper sit down meal before the TS restaurants close for the day.

And lastly, we have Ohana on the 11th Nov at 6pm. Wishes is on at 8pm I think that night, so if we can watch them from the beach then that would be great and a nice way to round off the evening.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Aug 2005-Eagle Pointe Villas
Sept 2004-DLP Disneyland Hotel and New York Hotel
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pcnine28
Imagineer

Plans look great, love the choice of ADRs.
How's the weight loss going?
17lbs already seems remarkable!
Happy planning and congrats on hubby with his remission
pcnine28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Wow, it sounds like you have an amazing trip planned.

Looking forward to more updates.

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

All sounds fab how exciting.Hope the ADR's all went okay xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 12, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Originally Posted by pcnine28 View Post
Plans look great, love the choice of ADRs.
How's the weight loss going?
17lbs already seems remarkable!
Happy planning and congrats on hubby with his remission
Thankyou. Weight loss is up to 19lbs now, not much more progress but at least it's in the right direction!

Originally Posted by tink3 View Post
Wow, it sounds like you have an amazing trip planned.

Looking forward to more updates.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Steph0188 View Post
All sounds fab how exciting.Hope the ADR's all went okay xx
Thanks, just about to do an ADR and ticket update.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Adora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 12, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
ADR's done!
We managed to get all the dates we wanted, and the most deviation in the times we wanted was for Le Cellier, which was for 5.25pm instead of 5pm. We even managed to get Boma and Whispering Canyon for bang on when we wanted. I don't think I mentioned Whispering Canyon above as it was on our original ADR list, but we couldn't decide on what day we wanted to eat there, and thought with it being in our own resort that we could hold off booking and maybe even sneak in an on the day reservation. After speaking to someone in reservations at WDW, who advised that the restaurant does get very busy and fills up fast, we opted for Nov 6th at 8pm.
We're planning to do a manatee swim that day, so will probably not want to venture out of the hotel that evening due to the very early start, so it seemed the best day to choose.

We've also booked and received our tickets for the MNSSHP and MVMCP!

MNSSHP is booked for Nov 2nd and MVMCP is booked for Nov 9th, so the last and first of each party. Hope they're not heaving, but I suspect they will be. We've got an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern for the afternoon of the MVMCP date, so we can have a sit down meal before the party starts.
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Old 14 May 12, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Love the wedding pic

You'll love wilderness lodge, it's a beautiful resort

Looking forward to reading all about your trip
Old 27 May 12, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
We went to Manchester Airport last weekend. Just for a look, my husband loves airports and I wanted to watch 'our' flight take off. Unfortunately due to traffic we didn't get there until 11.30, so we went to the viewing park for an hour and watched lots of the smaller planes take off from terminal 1. At about 12.30 we drove over to terminal 2, had a walk around the airport, watched people checking in for the 2.05 Virgin flight to Orlando, and went up and down the travelators.
It was really nice actually, it was quite exciting knowing that we'd been back there in a few months time, checking in for our own flights. We saw the 2.05 flight take off, so even though we didn't see our own flight it was still nice to see one of the Orlando ones go.
Bet I sound really sad now, but I do love airports.

Oh, and I've just realised we're into the 4 months and something category now!
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay
Old 27 May 12, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
OOOh I am so excited about your trip as we are aiming to go the same time the following year! Exciting!

Your wedding pic is lovely and well done on the weight loss - Slimming world is so good (i just need the disney motivation haha)

You've got some great ADR's lined up as well, Looking forward to the trippie! xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 12, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Adora
Imagineer

Adora's Reviews
Thanks, we've booked for next October staying at Saratoga Springs off the back of our expectations for this holiday. Some of my family go for Halloween every year an refuse to go any other time, so we had to see what it's like, I've always wanted to experience a 'proper' Halloween, and we'll get to see some of the Christmas celebrations also.
I've had a bit of time off from Slimming World but I really need to get back in gear as I'm still hoping to lose about 40lbs before we go and I've only got 5 months left now. I really want to be able to wear a bikini when we visit the water parks and won't be doing it if I don't get some weight shifted soon!
July 2009-AKL honeymoon
Oct 2007-DLP Newport Bay