Notices

Old 24 Jul 14, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Wow, definitely think you'll need three weeks to fit it all in!

Your son is such a cutie especially with those Harry Potter glasses on
Thank you for reading He does well to pull Harry Potter glasses off I think!

Katherine x
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

ADR's

A little bit about the ADR's we've got booked

As we are staying off site we have only booked a handful of on-site meals.

We have chef mickeys booked at 7am on our first full day. This seems like quite a good way to start the holiday, and a good way to meet some characters straight away without queuing. The food seems to get quite mixed reviews so we'll just have to see for ourselves

The sci-fi diner is booked for the second day whilst we are at Hollywood studios. The grown ups are looking forward to this but Aaron seems completely un-interested! Probably the lack of characters

Donald's tusker house is booked for an 8:40 breakfast during our first visit to animal kingdom. Ideally I would have liked an earlier slot but this was all that was available at the time. I've heard good things about the breakfast here so we are really looking forward to this one.

We are visiting Tepan Edo during he second week, at 7pm I think. This was one of Toms requests and I am happy to oblige The food sounds lovely and hopefully we will still be awake to watch illuminations afterwards!

We added a breakfast at Hollywood and Vine on a couple of weeks later, once we'd realised that Sofia and Doc were there! This is a no brainer for us as we've all endured hundreds of episodes of Jake over the last couple of years along with the others.

Finally, the one I am most looking forward to O'hana is booked for our last night. I can not wait to eat here. We have quite a late ADR in the hopes of catching wishes from our table. I've read in trip trip reports that you can request window tables to do this so here's hoping. Either way I am happy to spend our last night doing this.

Thanks for reading, pretty boring without photos isn't it!

Katherine x
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 14, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Shopping and seats!

Well we are into week two of the summer holidays and the days are flying by! I think that I'm one of the rare parents who loves the holidays! As I work awkward shifts in a restaurant, the school holidays give us some relaxed mornings together and naughty late evenings watching films as I type this we are halfway through The Prisoner of Azkaban and working our way through some Ben and Jerrys (£2.50 at the minute in asda!)

We've had a lovely week with Aunty Sam being off work and having some mini days out. Most of these have been to stock up on clothes for our holibobs! Samantha and Tom have left everything till now and the shops seem to think that the first week of August is when we need to start stocking up on our winter clothes! :angry: so lots of back and two into liverpool and to cheshire oaks have ensued and we are getting there!

The plus sides of these trips are lots of yummy treats to Starbucks etc and we even found time to visit our favourite place ever, Central Perk! For those that haven't had the opportunity to visit this wonderful place, it's a complete mock up of the coffee shop from friends and is fantastic! They play episodes on big tv's and have lots of yummy cakes and coffees

Yummy coke float for Aaron I think they're vile myself but he loves them!

Aunty Sam's latte!

Anyhow, I digress. Clothes wise, I've been picking bits up for Aaron throughout the year. Lots of t shirts, mainly from h and m, next, asda, primark and a couple from tk maxx. The only ones I'm struggling to get hold of are disney ones really. Aaron's just turned 6 last week but he needs age 9 clothes, however the younger disney shows ie Mickey Mouse/jake only seem to go up to size/age 6! Oh well, he has loads now, enough for the entire holiday. Here's a couple of pics

Edited at 10:42 PM.
Old 6 Aug 14, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Katherine

Thanks for your pre-trippie, 21 days in Florida - you lucky thing!

We're flying out a couple of days before you so not long to wait now is it

Have a lovely holiday and maybe see you around the parks!

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Shopping

He's also got about 7 pairs of shorts, a hoodie, new converse which he was given for his birthday and two pairs of hopefully comfy shoes!

I bought these earlier in the year and when Aaron found out about our trip we ended up taking them back for a smaller size, they really are wide fitting! Anyway these are favourites in our house now and to be honest are looking a bit worn already!

These are karrimor sandals from Sports Direct. I think these were about £16 at the time. He's worn them and loved them, I had to put the away again because it was all he wanted to wear To be honest I think he just loves not having to tie his laces!

One last thing of Aaron's, and my favourite purchase so far!

How ace is this! I hunted for months for a cool suitcase to give to Aaron on his birthday once he'd found out. I very nearly bought a couple but they all seemed a little young for him. This was from the disney shop in the end, up until they got this in stock they only seemed to have girly sparkly ones!

I'll finish there for now as film night is finished and we need to get to bed

Katherine
Old 6 Aug 14, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by kev007 View Post
Hi Katherine

Thanks for your pre-trippie, 21 days in Florida - you lucky thing!

We're flying out a couple of days before you so not long to wait now is it

Have a lovely holiday and maybe see you around the parks!

Kev

Thank you! The time seems to be flying now!

Hope you have a great holiday too

Thanks for reading
Old 10 Aug 14, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Summer holiday and more shopping!

I've had a lovely week off work which has made it much easier to get our clothes sorted. A couple of trips to H and M and next for tom and he was done! Easy as that haha! He's not buying any shoes at all and is going to live in his sketchers, to be honest I think he just wants to but new ones when we are out there

I've been buying mine bit by bit throughout he last couple of months and now I'm pretty much done too. Here's to few bits (sorry to the people who aren't bothered about my shopping but I love to see other peoples holiday buys!)

I think quite a few Dibbers now have this! Such a bargain from primark!

I got this one a few days ago, also from primark and I love it

I can't wait to wear this one! Aaron's so jealous haha!

My holiday PJ's, as chosen by Aaron!

My minnie ears these were from accessorize and are so comfy! They were only £4. Seemed silly not to buy them here for that price.

How silly is this! But it's my holiday too and I'm going to act like a big kid! Where else can I be a princess and it be acceptable?!

after finding Hesse online and waiting for months for them to come into stock I gave up! My mum makes cushions and bunting for a living and is very clever, sooo a little bit of nagging and she is currently whipping two bum bags up for us. We've chosen some lovely cath kidston style polka dot fabric which is also a lot cheaper than the £28 each we would've been paying!

I got these from the crocs store last week and they are unbelievably comfortable! I've had them on around the house and to go to the shops and now can't wait to live in them for three weeks! I also have some very glamorous original red crocs and my well loved sketchers.

We still have toiletries and some small bits to buy but we are mostly done. I'm relieved as it is definitely time to get serious about saving the rest of our spending money!
Old 17 Aug 14, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

All caught up, what a lovely family holiday you have planned. 3 weeks will be so much fun. Love all those fab holiday purchases . Great plans, look forward to more
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Time is flying by!

Time is flying by at the minute! As I sit here, the countdown is at 48 sleeps

I just know that the next couple of weeks are going to fly by with one thing and another and we'll soon be sun creaming up!

I've bought all of the dreaded school uniform already (thanks Aldi ) He's back in two weeks and it really has flown this year. We've had some lovely days though, some have been really lazy watching films and playing games, and some going out and about having picnics etc Here's a few pics

Aaron and his cousin George having ice cream, this was back when we had nice weather!

Aaron playing his beloved Lego Star Wars

Our gorgeous pain in the bum dog Sparrow!

Aaron and sparrow passing time!

We've watched lots of this!

This was not how I wanted to find him (or his room) last week! I thought he'd been asleep the whole time!

Off to see Nanny!

And sooo much dressing up

Aaron also opened his money tin that has been building over the last year! He's done pretty well considering he was saving up for an imaginary trip

He had £122 altogether which has been changed into dollars now. He doesn't know yet but his Nan's have both been saving for him too so he's done pretty well for himself.

Samantha has took herself off to V festival this weekend. She's gone with our other sister, looking at the weather outside right now I'm feeling pretty sorry for them! We've been saying for months that once she gets back it's practically time to go on holiday and now that time is here

They actually ended up winning VIP tickets last week so sold their original tickets and are currently living it up with celebs and fancy portaloos!

Here they are on their way

That's it for now, not really much about florida there thinking about it! Oh well it's all build up isn't it?!

I'm going to try and find out how to edit a video on my iPad if that's possible? I've got a great video of his treasure hunt from his birthday and I'd love to share it but it's loooong!

I'll leave you with this pic I just found from their birthday

Old 19 Aug 14, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Mini update

Tom had a very rare weekend off this week so we tried to make the most of it! Whilst we've flown from manchester enough times before, we've never been from terminal two and never stayed over on site at one of their hotels.

So off we trotted down the motorway and had a couple of hours at the airport runway centre. It was quite impressive really, right on top of the runway and constant planes landing and taking off, Aaron loved it!

I forgot to take my phone so no pics but apart from parking (£3 an hour) it was a free and pretty good day out. Certainly passed a few hours and we are thinking of visiting again on the night of our airport stay to pass an hour or two.

I'm starting to panic a bit now! The days are ticking by and we have not even made a dent into our spends and I feel like there are a million things to do! I downloaded the dibb checklist yesterday and had a read through. First couple of things I've now done and to be fair they were important things! I've printed copies of all of our passports, toms paper and plastic driving licence and printed copies of our ESTA's. I need to buy some sort of folder/wallet to take with me with all of the paperwork in, any recommendations?

I was sick of the mountains of bags piling up everywhere so tom got two of the suitcases down for me. Everything is now stuffed into them and out of my way

Back to work now then
Thanks for reading