Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Mar 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you thought about booking a day room in a hotel for the day you return? Then you can get some sleep before the drive home? Then you can avoid the trains and Gatwick to Exeter flight.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
camen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Johnsonsontour View Post
Have driven up & back from Exmouth to Gatwick every year with overnight at Premier Inn BUT I just can't face the drive back anymore whilst people sleep around me!

I have just rang to get quoted for Gatwick Flyaway per the GWR site & they didn't have a clue telling me to book using railcards a normal advance ticket :angry: even though I directed the woman to what it said on their site!

Any one know if this can be booked on line & how far in advance?
The Gatwick flyaway is available on all booking sites from 12 weeks before your travel. It is a GWR ticket. You must put in avoid Paddington for it to show. It is definitely still available as I am currently away looking to use the return part tomorrow. It went up slightly at the beginning of the year but from Totnes it is £145 open return for up to 4 adults and you can also break your journey if you want to.
camen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks fellow Dibbers Def wouldn't book a day room as I'm one of those people that when I land, I want to click my feet & be home
Thanks for the advice on train, I will just have to sit it out until the 12wks & hope it does work out at least around the same price as petrol & car parking for 2wks
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

I haven't read the whole of your thread, so sorry if this is duplicate info, but have you looked at Gatwick Flyaway tickets for the train? I would do this and stay overnight on departure. Tickets are open ended in case of delays going home.