Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ferb
Earning More Ears

Mobile Connecting flight cancelled

We have indirect flights booked lhr to tpa with BA but flying with american airlines in August. I have just logged on to check our booking and it states that the second leg of our outbound journey from Chicago to tampa has been cancelled. I have had no notification of this from BA. I just wondered where I stand before I call BA. Do they have to provide an alternative flight or are they likely to cancel the whole journey?
Thanks
Ferb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

This happened to someone else the other day and they got moved onto the direct flight, have a look on the thread in this link.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1163088
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

When they cancelled one of our legs they contacted us and changed us to a direct flight.
Virgin were not as accommodating and cancelled all of the flights
But BA where great

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ferb
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
This happened to someone else the other day and they got moved onto the direct flight, have a look on the thread in this link.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1163088
That's great thanks. Looks like it may even be the same flight. Fingers crossed I can get the same outcome.
Ferb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

BA put us on the direct flight when this happened.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ring up with alternative flights you want to be put on, even direct flights and you may get lucky and be moved to one
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Check the prices first as it maybe cheaper now this happened to us a few years ago with BA to Hawaii and flights where Ł200 cheaper each BA wouldn't refund difference but would cancel and refund original booking and make new booking
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Ferb
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Does anyone know the best way to contact BA? I've been repeatedly calling the number on their website but just keep getting an automated reply saying that they are busy and will not be able to take my call and then cut off. 😫
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by Ferb View Post
Does anyone know the best way to contact BA? I've been repeatedly calling the number on their website but just keep getting an automated reply saying that they are busy and will not be able to take my call and then cut off. 😫
try messenger and whatsapp
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Ferb. It was me who had this happen the other day, I rang 4 times and the fourth time got through after a 30 minute hold before that they kept cutting me off like you. I got through in the evening so maybe try again later. They first offered a direct flight from LGW outwards only I pointed out that wasn't helpful and they swapped both to the direct Gatwick Tampa flights. Happy with that. We fly out on the 19th August are we on the same flight?

Edited at 07:03 PM.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List