Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Apr 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellibop
Excited about Disney

Florida Beach Destinations for 7 Nights

Hi,

I'm tentatively looking at a week-long beach holiday to Florida next Easter, but not doing any of the parks, just relaxing by the pool and exploring the area a bit. I've been looking at the St Pete's area, with a view to flying into Tampa as flight prices seem not too bad, although I'm open to all suggestions as I don't know the beach areas at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions of places with enough to occupy us for a week, with a family-friendly vibe and a nice beach? I'd be aiming to keep it within about £3000 for the 3 of us (2 adults and a child) and would ideally like somewhere well located with a nice pool area, and reasonable (cheap!) places to eat out.

Any advice gratefully received as I'm currently a bit clueless! Just off to scour suitable trip reports now...
Ellibop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

If you're looking at beach holidays on the gulf it might be worth looking at flying into Miami or FL. We got bargain flights to Miami so booked a villa in Cape Coral. It's a great location to explore lots of beautiful SW beaches such as Sanibel, Naples, Fort Myers.

Enjoy the planning!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

How would you feel about driving 2 hours south of Tampa to Fort myers ?
We are here now on our third trip, there are masses of places to eat , we are in the Homewood suites which has a full kitchen and decent size pool , breakfast and nighttime nibbles three days a week.
Close to outlets for shopping and not too far from loads of beaches, animal sanctuary’s and state parks.

We used to stay in St Petes and Tampa area but there’s more to do here and it’s cheaper, plus it’s currently 29 degrees !
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellibop
Excited about Disney

Ooh sounds lovely Snowbelle - I'll take a look. Miami sounds nice too, I hadn't expected flights to there to be cheaper than Tampa, so will check that out too. Thanks.
Ellibop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellibop
Excited about Disney

Is Tampa the nearest airport to Fort Myers..?
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the driving distance will be similar from Tampa or Miami. I'm sure someone who has more driving experience will be able to better advise on the roads though...
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We are on a split stay so we fly indirect , we’ve come down from Boston and also done lhr -Atlanta- fort myers before .
I would google the distances and compare but yes Miami often comes in cheaper as both virgin and BA fly into there where as only BA fly into Tampa .
Have a look at the candle wood suites fort myers as well they are good value and have free laundry facilities where’s ours are $2.50 a load .
There are loads of malls here both outlet and regular and definitely cheaper than further up ... Nikes in the clearance for $18 and hilfiger for DH for quarter of the price than home .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are staying this summer on Captiva island at South Seas Resort lovely beach, pools and slides for the kids and a great resort. Has loads on places to eat on Captiva and Sanibel. Staying a week there flying into Miami with BA on a fly drive
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

We 💖 Siesta Key... and Sarasota.

There's plenty to do and see for 7 days.

A short(Ish) drive from Tampa...

Let me know if you want any info ...🤗
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellibop
Excited about Disney

Yes please Tracy34 - where would you recommend staying?