Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Aug 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
clthomson
New Poster (3)

Mobile Which hotel?

I can’t decide between the Disney Caribbean, port Orleans RS, or FQ. First time going and looking to upgrade to the dining package. Holiday is for 2 adults, 9 and 14 year old
clthomson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at POR when we went for our wedding in 2017, we got the Royal Guest Rooms and loved it. The resort is really nice, quite big so if your not in a preferred room can involve more walking than say FQ which we had friends staying at.

I would stay at POR again though over FQ, although next year we are staying at CSR for a change
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

CSR is my favorite moderate resort. I have stayed several times and always beeen happy with my room and the service. To me, it has a more upscale feel to it than the other two.

It is a convention hotel but the conventionaires tended to be in and around the convention center. It also seems to have more adults and fewer little ones.

POFQ is the only Disney hotel I have stayed at that I would not rush back to. We had a toddler in the next room who spent hours screaming. While it could happen anywhere, it left a bad taste in my mouth. We had a standard room which was right on the parking lot. While many might not like that, it was great after a long day in the parks to walk 50 feet to the room, rather than some of the treks we've had from deluxe resorts.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have only stayed at POR , it was lovely and I think as a moderate resort it feels quite posh! We are doing FQ next year as it was the only one that offered DDP for free ( although we upgraded too ). At the end of the day for us it’s just a place to sleep really! I’m sure any Disney hotel will be great
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List