Notices

Old 18 Jan 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So still no availability at POFQ. They do have a standard at CSR for our last night so I’m tempted to just take the hit of the £50 amendment fee and get the booking changed to fit with our dates. If POFQ becomes available I can always switch later. I have considered it may be available once free nights ends so part of me thinks I should wait. I would prefer not to have to book a different hotel for our last night though and I’m not sure I want to risk no availability at CSR. To put another spanner in the works, I was checking different options and saw there was a tower room at CSR for 10 nights. It would mean a different hotel for our last 3 nights though and I’m not sure I want to go down that route. We’d want something special and something special is always expensive!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I liked the restaurant, Toledo, at the top of the Gran Destino Tower thought it was excellent. The Dahlia Lounge looks great also. Fantastic views from the top.
Hope you get somewhere special.
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I liked the restaurant, Toledo, at the top of the Gran Destino Tower thought it was excellent. The Dahlia Lounge looks great also. Fantastic views from the top.
Hope you get somewhere special.
Thanks! I think we may just get it sorted so the dates are right for CSR and keep checking back for POFQ, or the tower.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I’ve just gone ahead and changed our dates so we are at least booked in to CSR for the 13 nights. It’s reduced the price by £250 taking into account the £50 amendment fee. I’ll keep an eye on the website for POFQ but I need to keep reminding myself that’ll increase the price again, probably by about £390.

Trip Report Index
Old 26 Jan 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just caught up, It is great that you managed to secure your full 13 nights...the fact that it has saved you some money is great as well even if you don't manage to get your original choice of hotel it makes changing it not feel quite as bad.
Looking forward to following along
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Following along. I'm glad that you managed to get your hotel sorted. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Great plan so far looking forward to reading more 😊
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So we’re in the “dead zone” of Disney holiday planning where there’s nothing to do but wait and Dibb. I’ve been checking daily for either a tower room at CSR or a standard at POFQ (even though we both agreed POFQ was a bit too much for this year and to leave it to next year ). Nothing happening.

I’ve also been checking regularly on the premium magic band situation. I’ve had to download a VPN to actually get the choices to come up and any of the ones we like seem to have disappeared. Following on from a post the other day however I noticed this one

Marie didn’t see anything she liked but we agreed that since she got her Dole Whip last year and I had to make do with a plain one that I should just go for it and she’d get a plain one. It was $21.30 including tax.

Not much going on now until ADR day in a month. I have plans to book a couple of BoG breakfasts to get us into MK early. We’ll also do one lunch. Other than that we’ll definitely book the Restaurantosaurus Burger and Sundaes and probably the Pizzafari family style.
I’m on the fence about any TS meals after feeling like they were a waste of money last year. We will probably do Yak & Yeti with our Landry birthday reward but no need to book that. I’m also thinking we may do DDP next year (special birthday for me ) so maybe we’ll just enjoy QS this year.

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
With ADR day fast approaching we (well me) are planning what parks on what day. I had the controversial thought today to not plan an Epcot day and instead just plan to pop in of an evening for a wander round F&W booths. With Spaceship Earth closed and us feeling that Mission: Space is just boring now if you do the green there really aren’t many rides that excite us there. We’ve previously been able to grab a FP for Soarin’ when we’ve planned a visit in the evening so I think we’d still get to ride. We usually do Test Track single rider anyway and Frozen we could try and grab a FP if we feel like it. I also had the thought that some of the days when we finish in a park before lunch we could pop to Epcot.

So now to plan our 14 Disney days!

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Look forward to seeing your daily plans! It wont be long before your ADR day is here.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List