Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Would you move to Florida?

Assuming you were granted permanent residency in Florida if you wanted it would you move there.

Me and Mrs MH would have said yes many years ago, but we wouldn't move there now (nothing to do with coronavirus)?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I’d consider it but still being working age I don’t like the lack of holiday days they tend to get with their jobs.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Too much crime to move my family to Florida. If I was still single and could use a firearm then I would certainly consider it
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Never confuse places you enjoy holidaying in with places to live. There are many other places I would choose above Florida in the USA but at the moment I will stay here.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If I was retired, I’d consider it. I hate the British weather and by British I mean the tiny pocket of West Yorkshire I live in where it seems to rain constantly. So I’d consider it to enjoy some more sun. DH loves being near the beach so maybe we could buy a condo somewhere close to the coast.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I always wanted to move to US when I was younger, but not Florida, would have been either New York or somewhere on west coast. I don’t think I would want to move to the US now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

No. I love travel but I have never wanted to live anywhere else as I also love where I live.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Yes, I would move to Sarasota at the drop of a hat
Old 28 Aug 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

For me people are more important than places so I will continue to live close (or close enough) to the people in my life that are important.

I guess that's easy for me to say as I have lived in other countries both the US (not Florida) and the Caribbean, had the experience got it out of my system and returned. I can understand the need to have the experience.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

No I love Florida but wouldn’t want to move there permanently.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List