Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jul 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Day 11:REST&MAGIC KINGDOM!

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Day 11: REST MORNING AND MAGIC KINGDOM!

HEY MICKEY YOU'RE SO FINE,YOU'RE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY..MONEY. MAY 2019 Index

DAY 11

So today was very much a day where the plans changed considerably. Keke's, Universal and Teak were dropped in favour of a more relaxed day. I'm not going to say I was really pleased about this but I knew the girls and Kelly needed it. I was just hoping that it didn't feel looking back that we had wasted a morning.

I was still up early and caught up with doing my food report and just generally lazing about. Everyone was up pretty slowly this morning. We had bits and pieces for breakfast made up of toast, pop tarts and donuts.

We planned today to have a morning by the pool before having leftovers for lunch. It would then be to the Magic Kingdom for late afternoon and the evening.

Onced washed we drove down to the pool. We aren't being lazy I promise. It was too far to walk there and back! We parked up and made our way in. The bigger, nicer pool that had been an adult only zone the other day was nice and empty bar a couple of other families so we picked the right time to go. It was a nice pool and it had a seat inside the pool around the edge that I took up residence on. Evie really loves the time in the pool and in hers eyes we don't do enough of it. It sometimes hard to get the balance right. We spent a good hour and a half in the pool. I think it was something we needed to do that morning. It was nice as it was very quiet. The girls were actually playing nicely together as well.

We were conscious of getting burnt though so a little after 12 noon we told the girls that time was up and we'd be heading back for lunch. Even this wasn't met with too much moaning as we'd had a fair amount of time in the pool.

We didn't worry too much about getting the girls dry at the pool so instead we chucked some towels on the leather seats in the car to drive back to the townhouse. The girls went and got changed leaving their wet things everywhere as a present for us to pick after them. Some things never change.

For lunch we had bits and bobs, mainly left over pizza from last night. We reheated it in the microwave and it was just as good the next day as it had been the night before. We didn't over order after all

After lunch we had a little bit of a laze around, tidied up and then got dressed to go the Magic Kingdom. By 2pm I was starting to get impatient really feeling that the day was passing us by. I made sure everyone was aware of my feelings! We eventually closed the front door at 2.30pm bound for the Magic KIngdom. I know we needed the lazier morning but 2.30pm had my planning mind going all over the place.

To be fair we made up for it with a pretty good assault on the Magic Kingdom. So the drive was a little weird. I followed the sat nav and took us round the back of the Magic Kingdom. This route was horrible. You saw round the back of the Magic Kingdom and areas you wouldn't see from coming the normal way. It was like going backstage.

We eventually made it and paid the $25 parking charge. I usually paid this using my Revolut card so I made sure I had it handy and unfrozen. We followed the blue line to the disabled parking section where we managed to find a spot ok. After being in the air conditioned car the heat hit us like a punch. It was the highest temperature since 2000 in May.

There was lots of work being done around the Ticket and Transportation Centre so the walk to bag check took a little longer. We were soon in and made our way to the Monorail. It's always this way for us rather than the ferry.

Once inside we joined the small line to get a photo with Walt and Minnie on the bench. Lily had a tantrum when Evie dared to join her in the photo as she wanted one by herself. Embarrassing infront of the other people.

Lily next wanted to go to the shops which was a little annoying as I was keen to get cracking. We took a little time walking down Main Street taking in the marching band.

I was keen for us to get a family photo infront of the castle but most of the photographers had long lines. We finally found one quite far up to the castle with one couple ahead of us. They took a couple of pictures and then the man said he'd like one more and then suddenly got down on one knee and pulled out a ring! It was nice to see but without ruining their moment they took forever with the pictures especially when he took out specially made Mickey Ears to wear for more photos! I felt a little jealous that looking back now I would have loved to have proposed to Kelly in the same way but we didn't really discover Disney together until we went on our honeymoon.

I wanted to head over to Big Thunder Mountain to get a DAS but we weren't making much progress. We were passing Sleepy Hollow so we stopped to get a couple of snacks.

Waffle sandwich with Nutella and strawberries and banana. Kelly had been dreaming about one of these. Bit of a let down. She found it way to crispy.

Mickey waffle with strawberries and cream for Evie. She enjoyed but again very crispy.

We found a bench opposite to eat these but it was right in the sun so it wasn't pleasant but a couple moved from one in the shade and Evie like a ninja moved in. She's visually impaired but can still spot an opportunity for a better seat! While in this area we saw a photopass photographer with a giant happy birthday badge. It was Evie's birthday tomorrow so she posed for a photo.

We made our way slowly over to Big Thunder Mountain and we had about 25 minutes to wait. We hung around the general area as it was too hot to anywhere else. Evie was really moaning about the heat. 9 days ago she'd been in this very spot moaning about being wet! Me and Lily decided to make a break and headed over to the toilets near Pirates. It was soon time to ride and we headed in. It was very busy though and took awhile to get on. It was far busier at the Magic Kingdom today than it had been earlier on in the holiday. We all enjoyed the ride though.

I really wanted to ride Pirates Of The Caribbean again so we headed over that way next. I had done fastpasses but not for this so joined the standby line which was showing 20 minutes which wasn't too bad. Plus it gave us a way to avoid the heat. It moved fairly quickly and we were on in no time. I really enjoy this. I never used to but I've grown to really appreciate the detailing and scale of the ride. The others don't get my liking for the ride though!

While in the queue I"d been thinking of getting something to eat and had always wanted to go to Casey's Corner. I decided to try the mobile ordering while we were waiting to get on the ride. This was my first go. I’ve linked my Revolut Card to MDE. Remember you have to Unfreeze your card for and have web purchases available when ordering. You can re freeze the card after. The ordering is very easy. I clicked I’m here just before and we waited 2 minutes for it to be ready at mobile order pick up point. Very handy.

Evie and Lily both got plain hot dogs. Evie chose apple slices, Lily fries. Both enjoyed them.

I got the hot diggity dog. A hot dog with onion strings, hash browns and ranch sauce. It was really tasty but a pain to eat. I ended up brushing the toppings off as it was awkward.

With drinks this was $43. I know it’s theme park food so I can’t complain and I’m not but our meal at Culvers was cheaper just to put into perspective.

A little bit annoying as well was that as stated in the previous day Lily has an issue with birds! A duck came near our table so she freaked out so ended up eating hers elsewhere with Kelly!

So next off to something we'd not done in a few years the Peoplemover. On the way we cut through where the Dessert Parties for the Fireworks were located. I'm pleased we didn't book it in the end as I did give it serious thought. Maybe next time after what happens later

We even had a slight queue for the Peoplemover which was surprising. We enjoyed this and I felt like Tim Tracker going on just to see the progress of the new Tron Ride.

It was now time for our first fastpass of the day which was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. We always enjoy this ride. Luckily we had fastpasses as the stand by line was huge. Again I'm not sure how much of the ride Evie can see but she seems to enjoy it. I don't know how but I got the maximum score! Kelly was fuming about this saying it must be a fix or that hers was broken! Competitive much?

Next to Space Mountain. Kelly decided not to ride so she went into one of the shops while me and the girls headed over. I have mixed feelings about this ride. I enjoy it but I find it a little painful on the unmentionables. Since returning home I've been reading a book about the building of Space Mountain. I'm sure you'll be pleased to read that in the injury department over the years, Space Mountain tops the list! All safe now but back in the day not so much. The three of us enjoyed the ride though. It's on of the girls favourites. We made the long walk out of the ride(it seems to go on forever the walk out) happy but I was walking like John Wayne.

We all wanted a snack next and we really wanted to trey one of the Cheshire Cat Tails but annoyingly it was closed so Kelly got a Hot fudge sundae from Storybook treats instead. She enjoyed this.

Lily was super thirsty so we ended up getting a couple of cups of water for her. She was willing to fight Evie for them when she started to eye them up.

My turn for a snack so we headed over to Gaston's Tavern. Le Fou’s Brew souvenir cup for me. I can’t resist a souvenir cup. Not to everyone’s taste. Very appley but I love it. Gives you head rush.

We had a nice seat and took our time just people watching and having a rest.

While sitting there Kelly spotted a service dog with its own set of Mickey Ears. Evie always gets a bit funny about this kind of thing. She doesn't like to see the dogs in the heat. A guide dog for her is something that occupies our thoughts, the pluses and minuses. We are still unsure but so is Evie.

Our last fastpass was SDMT(I managed to get this at 30 days out so it can be done) but this was still a little way off so the we headed to the carousel. We let the girls go on by themselves while we waited. They were under strict instructions to stay together and get outside seats. They of course didn't. Lily steamed off to get a horse leaving Evie behind her. Not normally an issue but with Evie it is. Lily remembered and went back for Evie. They then got bullied out of an outside horse by pushy parents being a little over zealous and so when they came round we could only just make them out! They enjoyed it though and it won't be too long before they say they are to old.

By the time they came off our fastpass window for SDMT had opened so we joined the line. This didn't take too long to get on. The girls enjoyed it but in my view it seems to get slower every time we ride it!

We then wanted to get a spot for Happliy Ever After. This didn't go to plan. Evie doesn't like the big crowds which can be awkward for her. Especially afterwards when everyone is trying to get out. We walked around the Hub area but couldn't spot anywhere and Evie really wanted to go somewhere quieter towards the back of Main Street. We stopped by Casey's Corner which was an ok spot but Evie still wasn't happy. I said for Lily and Kelly to stay here and I'd take Evie further down. We'd meet up outside after. Kelly wasn't happy about this and wanted us to stick together. I said it was fine and took Evie just to corner of Main Street Confectionery. The view was ok but not brilliant. Evie just wanted somewhere quieter. I told Evie to sit on the curb while I got as drink. When I got back, Kelly and Lily had found us. Kelly really wanted for us to watch together. She wasn't happy with with where we were situated. The view wasn't great but we'd have to make do. We had about half an hour to wait. Once it did start the view got worse especially for Lilya nd we couldn't really see the projections.

Kelly had had enough and wanted to go. She was upset we didn't get to see the fireworks properly. It was a shame. I'll have to consider the dessert party next time! I was hoping we'd get another chance but sadly we didn't

We made our way out towards the monorail. At least we avoided the rush for it afterwards! We were soon back at the car and on our way home. This took about 20 minutes or so before we were back at Encantada. Soon all in bed!

So in summing up, we did need that morning break and we ended up having a lovely afternoon/evening at the Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for reading

George

Edited at 05:19 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

The fireworks dilemma is one I dread too..we shall see how we get on next month but with a 7 year olds in tow, it will be a challenge! Hope you did get some positives out of the day though 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
The fireworks dilemma is one I dread too..we shall see how we get on next month but with a 7 year olds in tow, it will be a challenge! Hope you did get some positives out of the day though 👍
We did We’ve just got to get there a bit earlier next time.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jo3kids
Proud to wear my Ears

hi years ago we were watching the fireworks and loads of the american college kids basically ruined the view for us and the experience we went to customer service and they were so lovely they said come back tomorrow and they got us a special viewing spot for us and would you believe it she fell asleep... couldnt wake her for toffee but great disney customer service.
jo3kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
what a shame about the fireworks, Nice to see the girls getting along this morning I'm also dreading this aspect of our holiday with three girls ( similar ages to yours) we experience our fair share of bickering drives me mad at times.

can I just ask with the revolut do you freeze after each purchase and then just unfreeze when you want to use it? I've seen a few people mention this and I can see the logic behind but just wondering if revolut would block the card completely due to it being froze multiple times. I've never really given it a thought until recently as we had our life savings cleared out two weeks ago due to bank fraud( luckily we got it back) so now I'm super cautious with everything money related
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jo3kids View Post
hi years ago we were watching the fireworks and loads of the american college kids basically ruined the view for us and the experience we went to customer service and they were so lovely they said come back tomorrow and they got us a special viewing spot for us and would you believe it she fell asleep... couldnt wake her for toffee but great disney customer service.
That’s really good of them Disney are great with things like that

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
what a shame about the fireworks, Nice to see the girls getting along this morning I'm also dreading this aspect of our holiday with three girls ( similar ages to yours) we experience our fair share of bickering drives me mad at times.

can I just ask with the revolut do you freeze after each purchase and then just unfreeze when you want to use it? I've seen a few people mention this and I can see the logic behind but just wondering if revolut would block the card completely due to it being froze multiple times. I've never really given it a thought until recently as we had our life savings cleared out two weeks ago due to bank fraud( luckily we got it back) so now I'm super cautious with everything money related
I every time I used the Revolut Card unfroze it to pay and then froze it again straight away after. On our shopping day I must have done it at least 10 times in the space of a few hours. No issue with the card at all.
Old 6 Jul 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We did the garden view dessert party last year- it was well worth the price for the view ( could take or leave the actual party!) I don't think we'll do it next year but I couldn't face the scramble for a good spot to see the projections so in future I think we'd just try and watch them from the GF or Poly. I hate the pressure to find a good spot before the fireworks start! Another good day George 😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another vote for the fireworks dessert party - my children enjoyed the desserts; I enjoyed not having to stress and stake out a viewing spot.

I remember wanting to kill my children at some point with all
the bickering (maybe not kill, but lightly smother...!?)
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
We did the garden view dessert party last year- it was well worth the price for the view ( could take or leave the actual party!) I don't think we'll do it next year but I couldn't face the scramble for a good spot to see the projections so in future I think we'd just try and watch them from the GF or Poly. I hate the pressure to find a good spot before the fireworks start! Another good day George 😀
It’s definitely something I’m going to look at but it’s pretty expensive

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Another vote for the fireworks dessert party - my children enjoyed the desserts; I enjoyed not having to stress and stake out a viewing spot.

I remember wanting to kill my children at some point with all
the bickering (maybe not kill, but lightly smother...!?)
Mine is definitely Kill
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We’ve taken that road around the back of MK by accident before. I was scared we were going to be stopped and arrested for trespassing.

Lily’s outfit today is fab.

I'd also recommend the Plaza Gardens version of the dessert party, I don't think we could go without it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List