Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Oct 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba05
Earning More Ears

Mobile Help! Disney Boardwalk, Beach Club or Yacht Club

Hi! I really can’t decide between these 3 hotels. There is myself, husband, daughter 19 and son 15. Which would be the best hotel for us!?
Any advice and info gratefully received 👍
Simba05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We did the beach club last year and doing YC next year- can’t speak for BW, but I think the pool is much better at YC/ BC ( the clown at BW freaks me out!). We opted for YC this time as you get a balcony- only very few rooms at the BC have a balcony, but otherwise there is little between the two resorts other than I’d say YC has a more grown up feel and BC seems more relaxed/ family friendly.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I stayed at the YC last year with my DH and DS17 and we had the best time. It’s now our hotel of choice.

The pool area is fantastic, having a full balcony and being lucky enough to get a fireworks view was a dream.

Personally for us we wouldn’t choose BC (even though it’s attached and gorgeous!) we found the lobby quite hectic at times with lots of families and young children (due to the character means). YC felt a little calmer.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If it was me, I'd definitely go for Yacht Club or Beach Club.

We were caught up in the AKL refurb debacle last year and were offered Boardwalk at one point. Man that clown is scary and even worse at night when the eyes light up!

I also didn't like the fact there was no sit down QS location in the Boardwalk. This may not be an issue for you but it was one of the factors which led to us declining it as an alternative.

BC/YC were both gorgeous though and the pool area is lovely. Wonderful location too.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re booked into Yacht club next summer, the full balcony sold it for me as I am always up first and like to chill with a cup of tea and you’re gaurented a balcony at the YC. I always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, until I saw the pool. Clowns really freak me out so that was a no no lol.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I stayed at the YC last year with my DH and DS17 and we had the best time. It’s now our hotel of choice.

The pool area is fantastic, having a full balcony and being lucky enough to get a fireworks view was a dream.

Personally for us we wouldn’t choose BC (even though it’s attached and gorgeous!) we found the lobby quite hectic at times with lots of families and young children (due to the character means). YC felt a little calmer.
We stayed at the YC this August for all the above reasons we would stay there again in a heartbeat. Loved being close to the BW but we thought it might be a bit too busy if we stayed there

We are planning on going back 2021
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Either Y or BC. Both are really 2 halves of one fabulous resort and share all amenities, restaurants etc. If you stay there you get Stormalong Bay - basically a mini waterpark, and there are 3 quiet pools in resort. Then you still get to walk around to the Boardwalk whenever you want for the restaurants, ice cream, entertainers etc.
We prefer Beach Club, although we have stayed once at the YC side but the conferees in suits around the lobby and bar put us off. We must be lucky as in 7 BC stays we've always had a full balcony or a patio.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 07:10 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simba05 View Post
Hi! I really can’t decide between these 3 hotels. There is myself, husband, daughter 19 and son 15. Which would be the best hotel for us!?
Any advice and info gratefully received 👍
We stayed at The Boardwalk for 2 nights a few years ago, I thought it a bit odd that there is no sit down eating place and we had to go out to the bakery do get breakfast,I have always wanted to stay at the Beach club and be able to walk to Epcot.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We own at the Boardwalk and love it but we love clowns 😂😂😂😂. The sit down restaurant issue doesn't bother us so not a deal breaker.
However all the resorts are so close you can enjoy all the amenities in just a short walk so choose the one that makes more sense for you. We may stay at Boardwalk but eat in a few places in Beach Club regularly and usually go for a wander round to look in the different shops etc. They are in a fabulous location so you will find them all good for different reasons.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Boardwalk is probably my favourite. It’s not often offered as part of UK packages though, so you’ll often not see as much said about it on UK boards.