Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisy2015
Proud to wear my Ears

Disneyland Paris free mealplans

Hi,

We're going to Disneyland Paris in December and have the 'free' halfboard meal plan - I believe the plus version as we're staying in Newport Bay.

Last time the breakfast included was a croissant and roll from the bakery in the shopping village or a breakfast burger and you had a voucher for this specifically. I've heard it has changed to being the buffet in your hotel but the actual website says this doesn't apply for 'free' mealplans on one page...

Has anyone been recently and can tell us what you get for 'free' half board plans? Buffet would be much easier as I have a one year old to feed!

Thanks
Daisy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes it’s the hotel buffet
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, it will be in your hotel buffet each morning or you can pay a supplement to upgrade to a character breakfast in plaza gardens.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Daisy2015
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks both Just to plan our dinners now!
Daisy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The buffet breakfast is nice at Newport bay.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Chappers14
New Poster (4)

Dining Options

Hi all,
We have booked a trip in March with the free half board. We are looking to do a character breakfast on one of the days. Am I able to book this and upgrade from the hotel buffet and just pay a supplement rather than full price for the character breakfast?

Also I'm struggling to find info on the lunch or dinner options for the free half board dining, is it sit down restaurants or quick service?

Thanks in advance.
Chappers14 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chappers14 View Post
Hi all,
We have booked a trip in March with the free half board. We are looking to do a character breakfast on one of the days. Am I able to book this and upgrade from the hotel buffet and just pay a supplement rather than full price for the character breakfast?

Also I'm struggling to find info on the lunch or dinner options for the free half board dining, is it sit down restaurants or quick service?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Yes you can use your dining plan towards a character breakfast, you just pay the extra. As you're booked to stay in a Disney hotel you should be able to call whomever you booked with and add it on already, and pay the difference up front.

It's hard to advise on your dining options as you haven't said which plan you have. Do you know?

Standard, Plus, or Premium. To be honest, if you have Premium, you can have a character breakfast one day fully inclusive in your meal package. Xx

Edit: it won't be quick service, it'll either be just certain buffets, certain buffets and/or table service, or pretty much anywhere you please. Depending on the plan you have. 😂 x

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Chappers14
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Thanks for your help. We have the free standard plan.
Chappers14 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
P333RY
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Does anyone know what time the breakfasts start and finish at Newport Bay?
P333RY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Probably 7 till 10am

We always get to any hotel breakfast for 7am before the crowds (although NPB might not get crowds!)

It is a nice buffet and we weren’t hungry again till evening.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List