Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 2 Dec 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

Just back from a long-weekend in the cold. A great time it was too.
Just a few bullet-points if anyone is interested

The Good
* Lovely suite at NPB - in the octagonal tower.
* Nice touches in the room: chocolates | biscuits | champagne + 2 Soft Toy Sullies!
* VIP Fastpasses. Went on Space Mountain, Ratatouille, Buzz, lots
* Eurostar to the door makes it so easy.
* Parades and Xmas decorations are amazing... we did feel really Christmassy!
* Inventions - Both my girls got to "Belly Bump" with Mickey. Life can't get any better than that! ;-)

The Bad
* The Quick Service Food... service soooooo sloooooooow (25mins for Hotdog @ Casey's| 30mins at the Pizza Outpost)
* The walk to NPB... having only ever stayed in DLH, the 15mins walk in the cold made us feel 'out of the bubble' somewhat

The 'Meh'
* NPB - I didnt really get the sense of luxury. Beautiful on the outside. Just seemed a very busy hotel. It was rather cold so many people huddled indoors I guess.
* Compass Club. Food was nice enough, but the lounge is just a room off a main corridor. Not special enough to warrant the spend really IMHO
* Hollywood Studios. Not a lot there other than Ratatouille. I know in a few years it will be different!
* Hyperspace Mountain - The Star Wars theme felt very "stuck-on" to me. A bit like a fake moustache!

Conclusion
We spent the whole time pining for the private floor of The Castle Club. We really had great time I promise... but I guess we've spoiled ourselves previously and should have gone for it again. We did ask about availability at the last minute, but much of the floor had been booked out by a wedding party. (Bride was on balcony of Cinderella Suite and everyone cheered her as they exited after fireworks)

Will leave it a few years before going back. Still a happy place for me though!

Edited at 01:53 PM.
top_pull is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Very Serious Dibber

Wow, I could only dream of getting the Castle Club experience although I can see why when you've experienced that it's hard to stay anywhere else.

Sounds like you had a nice time though. You're definitely right about the "quick" service restaurants - they're the biggest issue with DLP at the moment and I can't see it getting any better in the near future.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Frozen fun @ DLP
Unread 2 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

There seemed to be no interest on the part of the staff to get a wiggle on!
top_pull is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have only ever done WDW lots of times 😊😊 our first time to DLP just to get a Disney fix as so expensive in the US at the moment.

Hollywood Studios sounds a little disappointing especially with the rides closed when we go in March.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney Paris for a quick fix
Unread 3 Dec 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It is a shame. We love col hathis and hakuna matata but both are glacial (at serving). We just end up snacking on our own stuff. Even cable car cafe is usually soooo slooow at drinks - better off with one of the outdoor carts then sit in Hyperion (with picnic).
Disneyland Hotel Christmas Treat.
Ocean Florida