Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Unread 3 Dec 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Try booking 3 slots for one person. You have a 30 minute window where the bookings can overlap to get you all in - spaces will open up nearer the time (especailly 24 hours before, as people cancel so as not to lose a deposit). i got 6 of us in with 6 individual bookigns like this.

nb. this trick only works for breakfast & lunch where it's free seating - not dinner where you are led to your table.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky Easter trip!
Unread 3 Dec 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Try booking 3 slots for one person. You have a 30 minute window where the bookings can overlap to get you all in - spaces will open up nearer the time (especailly 24 hours before, as people cancel so as not to lose a deposit). i got 6 of us in with 6 individual bookigns like this.

nb. this trick only works for breakfast & lunch where it's free seating - not dinner where you are led to your table.
I dont understand this? I have never been able to make more than one booking in the space of an hour. I can only do bookings if they include the lead name too.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 3 Dec 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Very Serious Dibber

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely try booking for 4 people that worked for me when we were a party of 3
Unread 3 Dec 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely just keep trying right up until the day. People change plans all the time, particularly when they are there so slots always open up.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where are we staying in 2020?
Unread 3 Dec 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I dont understand this? I have never been able to make more than one booking in the space of an hour. I can only do bookings if they include the lead name too.
Ah yes, I remember that we had to each make a separate Disney account to do this! You'd have to link all the accounts together in the friends and family section so that you can book FPs together later on - and you'd have to have the main person be able to manage plans for that person.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky Easter trip!
Unread 3 Dec 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Gone all Goofy

Just noticed a 1.30 table for 2 on the 9th is showing available at the moment, May be worth grabbing and then trying to amend if you are still looking x
Unread 3 Dec 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I cant see any point in booking for two, for four yes, but amending wont be possible unless a table for three or four comes up anyway. Holding a table for two wont help with that and is blocking somebody else.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 3 Dec 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I cant see any point in booking for two, for four yes, but amending wont be possible unless a table for three or four comes up anyway. Holding a table for two wont help with that and is blocking somebody else.
A lot of restaurants don't have a fixed number of table allocations. A lot will have a head count and will rearrange the tables depending on the head count / party configs. Specially a restaurant like Be Our Guest which is basically a big fancy food hall with tables and chairs that are not fixed to the ground and can be rearranged to suit.

You are thinking for a party of 4 to get a booking you will need a party of 4 to cancel when in reality if you already have a booking for a party for 2 you will only need a party of 2 to cancel for you to be able to book for your party of 4.

It obviously depends on the restaurant but all most all restaurants have at least an element of the restaurant that is open to this style of on the fly configuration.
2019 - Hard Rock / Villa
2020 - Beach Club

Edited at 03:08 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the Beach Club 2020