Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Nov 19, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I arrived on the 26th virgin from Glasgow so we got in,at 13/20 aflight from Mexico at the same time
I caused a bit of a stir as I stayed to the left coming down the tunnel got to the greeters and it was mam you need to go to the back of the line
Me no I've Global entry
I appeared to ge the only one on the flight did the photo bit and taken by a greeter to the first available desk as the global entry desk was unmanned I got a good few frosty stare from the huge que at the desk
They were as it wasn't that busy really trying to sort out folks in chairs
And the ground staff obviously had had sunflower lanyard training and were bringing these folks as far up as they could utilising all lanes only
Folk moaning were the flight crews have to say the virgin crew obviously thought themself above every body the crew from the Mexican flight were helping all there passengers even on the escalator some being at the top waiting for bags others at the bottom helping folks
Virgin crew attitude we've got you here leave us alone
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post

When we went last month there was only one queue for the non US citizens and there was nobody directing people to queues, you had to read the signs yourself.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I arrived on the 26th virgin from Glasgow so we got in,at 13/20 aflight from Mexico at the same time
I caused a bit of a stir as I stayed to the left coming down the tunnel got to the greeters and it was mam you need to go to the back of the line
Me no I've Global entry
I appeared to ge the only one on the flight did the photo bit and taken by a greeter to the first available desk as the global entry desk was unmanned I got a good few frosty stare from the huge que at the desk
They were as it wasn't that busy really trying to sort out folks in chairs
And the ground staff obviously had had sunflower lanyard training and were bringing these folks as far up as they could utilising all lanes only
Folk moaning were the flight crews have to say the virgin crew obviously thought themself above every body the crew from the Mexican flight were helping all there passengers even on the escalator some being at the top waiting for bags others at the bottom helping folks
Virgin crew attitude we've got you here leave us alone
Helen. We have also had the 'frosty' stares! I must say they have done a good job indicating which line to take be it A or B etc etc.
Will see what it's like tomorrow.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, don't overthink, or overplan

when you're there, you'll just use whatever lane you will be directed to by the "ambassador", because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you've been before, or if your passport is wrapped in golden paper, the only choice you might be able to make is "us citizen/residents OR Global Entry OR foreign/muggles

the rest of the story, you don't choose, the ambassadors do
100% This. Just be fairly switched on, and follow what you're told. They get people turn up utterly clueless, and they all find their way through. The only real advice worth knowing before you get there is no phones/cameras until you're on the monorail. This is pretty well signposted, bit is worth knowing ahead of time in case you decide to get out a phone to lookup directions or something.
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are travelling with family from the same home address who have all been to the USA before plus one adult from a different home address who has never been to the USA before. At MCO will we all go in to the queue with the new visitor or will he get split from us and we would have to go through the returning queue? He will be 18 when we travel. Thank you.

Frances01
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
We are travelling with family from the same home address who have all been to the USA before plus one adult from a different home address who has never been to the USA before. At MCO will we all go in to the queue with the new visitor or will he get split from us and we would have to go through the returning queue? He will be 18 when we travel. Thank you.

Frances01
You will all be together as there is only one queue.
Old 1 Nov 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

There is a sign which says returning use lane D and new use lane E. There is no lane D or E, everyone just gets sent to the right.

I really wish they wouldn't aim to have international flights land on top of each other. There were 3 flights ahead of us and it took 2 hours to get through. My poor kid was out cold long before we got to the desk.
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son went through JFK on Monday and there was a queue for people returning to the US on an existing ESTA... took him only 5 minutes to get through in total.
Others travelling with him who had not been to the US this year took 30+ minutes longer ... Maybe it is only at certain US airports?
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TelfordWolf View Post
My son went through JFK on Monday and there was a queue for people returning to the US on an existing ESTA... took him only 5 minutes to get through in total.
Others travelling with him who had not been to the US this year took 30+ minutes longer ... Maybe it is only at certain US airports?
There's definitely a sign for new and returning visitors in MCO as I saw it yesterday. They had separate queues when the kiosks were in use, but I thought the sign looked fairly new. Maybe they're finally catching up with the likes of JFK who have been doing it for ages.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Old 2 Nov 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
There's definitely a sign for new and returning visitors in MCO as I saw it yesterday. They had separate queues when the kiosks were in use, but I thought the sign looked fairly new. Maybe they're finally catching up with the likes of JFK who have been doing it for ages.
That sign wasn't there in September so definitely new. There was just one queue. The immigration hall was empty though and I was through in 10 minutes.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List