Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sparks48
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Mr Fish, yes it’s not worth the risk. I was hoping there might be a way of amending it as it was a nightmare getting it done last time and it kept timing out 🙁. I have a few months to psyche myself up though.
sparks48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
So did you reapply as soon as he’d got his Irish passport or just leave it until the old ESTA needed renewing? I don’t want to do it, her get the Irish passport and then have to reapply for ESTA again before we’ve used the original ESTA at all. Does that make sense?
Yes, we had two trips quite close together. Jan 18 and then April 18. For the first his Irish pp hadn't been approved so I did the Esta as normal. For the second it had come so I did a new one.

If you do get the passport issued before travel, I would definitely renew the Esta asap. It's just not worth risking travelling with incorrect information on there.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by sparks48 View Post
Sorry to jump in but this is also a concern for me. I applied for an esta over a year ago on my British passport but have since obtained my Irish passport. I was wondering if the existing esta is still valid/could be amended, or I would need to apply again for my trip in July. I would still be travelling on my British passport.

I have searched the relevant esta websites and can’t find anything to clarify.
Definitely redo it. Currently your Esta holds incorrect (outdated) information. It would be risky to travel on it.

It's really easy to input a second citizenship, I'd get it done asap so you can put your mind at rest.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve had a chat with my daughter and she’s decided it’s easier to wait until we get back from Florida to get her Irish passport. She won’t need it before then, so I can crack on with ESTAs now. Thank you all for your useful information- it’s really helped us to make that decision 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
My daughter has a British passport but also wants to apply for an Irish one. We’re going to Florida in August so I want to get ESTAs done soon and I was just wondering if there are any questions regarding holding two passports? If there are, I’ll hold off doing the ESTA until she’s got her Irish passport too. Thanks 😊
Originally Posted by MrsDoobyDuck View Post
Does it matter which passport you apply for the ESTA with? My OH now has an Irish as well as a British one.
No, providing you out booth sets of information on the esta and you give the airline the correct passport details

I fly with both Irish and. UK passports. Flew to USA on Irish passport, from U.K. airport with residency in Spain.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Does your daughter already have Irish citizenship? Just because her father was born in Ireland she would only be a citizen if you register her on the foreign births and registrations, once she is registered she can then apply for a passport.

I became an Irish citizen and gained a passport during the validity of my ESTA on my BRITISH passport so did my ESTA again (on my BRITISH passport) as it does ask if you have ever been a citizen of another country and also whether or not you have another passport for that country so my circumstances had changed.

If your daughter already is an Irish citizen (even without a passport) then she should declare this on her ESTA.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
Does your daughter already have Irish citizenship? Just because her father was born in Ireland she would only be a citizen if you register her on the foreign births and registrations, once she is registered she can then apply for a passport.

I became an Irish citizen and gained a passport during the validity of my ESTA on my BRITISH passport so did my ESTA again (on my BRITISH passport) as it does ask if you have ever been a citizen of another country and also whether or not you have another passport for that country so my circumstances had changed.

If your daughter already is an Irish citizen (even without a passport) then she should declare this on her ESTA.
No she’s not an Irish citizen yet. As it’s more complicated than I think she’s expecting it to be, she’s agreed to wait until after we’ve been to Florida to begin the process so we’re not faffing about not knowing where her citizenship/ passport application is by the time we go on holiday. Thanks for the info - I’ll pass it on to her 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We have the same issue - British and Irish passports.
You need to answer yes to both the questions on passports and nationalities and complete the (simple) details it requests. It is trivial.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsDoobyDuck
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
We have the same issue - British and Irish passports.
You need to answer yes to both the questions on passports and nationalities and complete the (simple) details it requests. It is trivial.
Do you take both passports with you when you travel or just the one you have used to complete your ESTA?
MrsDoobyDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsDoobyDuck View Post
Do you take both passports with you when you travel or just the one you have used to complete your ESTA?
Only need the one you are travelling on but I have taken both just in case they do ask (they didn't).
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List