Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

I couldn’t resist having look how much our flights are now. So glad I booked when i did we paid £528 they are now £745. Ended up going indirect via Atlanta but direct home. Even what we have paid was a lot more than we have normally paid and we normally only do direct for around £400. But I’m happy with what I’ve paid can’t wait for September.

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sent you on a wee message - hopefully it is in some way helpful ☺️. Good luck!
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone know how easy it is to fly into Miami but out of mco or Tampa with BA and how to search for flights. I’m hoping to limit the need for a car for travelling from Miami but it’s cheapest to fly into there
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

We only booked our flights for last week in May (holiday week) a couple of weeks ago,my sister and brothers families were also looking,from Manchester it was up to £1000 each They finally got flights with VA for £800 , while I moved my holiday 1 day earlier to fly with Tui for £639.It is years since we flew in to Sanford but with no children this time we decided less queuing for immigration at MCO and a quick UBER/LYFT to our hotel is good.Such a relief to get it booked.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

As someone has already mentioned, we always fly into Tampa, in my opinion it’s a far nicer airport than MCO and well worth the hours commute (subject to traffic) over to Orlando. I live close to Manchester airport but again always fly from LHR, it’s just so much better, we extend our holiday by a day and stay over the night before... oh and it’s far cheaper, even with the cost of staying over
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Like others have said, the key to getting decent flight deals is flexibility. In general terms, the more flexibility you can show, the wider your search parameters and thus, the better chance of a great deal. I appreciate that many cannot have that flexibility for medical, work and other reasons, but some, simply want the plane to take off from their back garden and land at magic kingdom. Of course some can afford to be totally inflexible because their budget is limitless (Unfortunately not me).

I am firstly fortunate because I can find my flights and then book my leave. I generally investigate a 4 week leave period in summer and 2.5 week at Easter before then cutting it down when the flights have been booked, be it 14,15,18 or up to 23 days on occasion. I have a very kind manager and in addition, most of my colleagues who vacation want to travel outside of School Hols. I am however tied to School Holidays myself.

Having this flexibility from work, I then show some flexibility of my own. I will drive or train to any of LGW, LHR, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow or anywhere else. I will also consider indirects if the sums add up.

Landing on a simple Orlando vacation? I would consider Tampa, Miami, Sanford, Fort Lauderdale, even Atlanta. Indirects? We have flown in to or out of Pensacola and Daytona Beach. We simply incorporate a bit of beach in to the vacation whilst transitioning to Orlando.

If somebody insists that they will only fly from Manchester on 12 August and only direct in to Orlando, whilst returning only on 26 August on the reverse route, then they are dramatically narrowing their options and may accordingly have to pay an eye watering price.

I appreciate that some have no choice in showing little or no flexibility and that is unfortunate.

In truth, every single USA vacation has either started and finished at LHR (5 hour drive from my home) or LGW (6.25 hour drive), always with an overnight in a Prem Inn before flying. That is generally where the cheapest flights in School Hols originate from.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:08 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
Does anyone know how easy it is to fly into Miami but out of mco or Tampa with BA and how to search for flights. I’m hoping to limit the need for a car for travelling from Miami but it’s cheapest to fly into there
The only problem with this is for direct flights ba is lhr-Mia.
But mco and tpa fly into lgw.
As long as you don’t mind getting between lgw and lhr.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle73
a Friend of the DIBB

Don’t know if this is possible with your dates, but we are flying VA on a wed in aug from Manchester and tue and wed were coming in a lot cheaper than weekends.
Belle73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List