Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Sep 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
itsant
I want to go now!

With Disney cancelling 21 day passes is it worth upgrading to an annual pass?

Just wondering how much more expensive are the annual passes? Do you still get free parking with them or has that also been stopped?
I just don't think a 14 day pass will be enough
itsant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsant View Post
Just wondering how much more expensive are the annual passes? Do you still get free parking with them or has that also been stopped?
I just don't think a 14 day pass will be enough
Here's the link to tell you about Annual Passes but I don't think Disney is actually selling them at the moment> I clicked to buy but it wouldn't let me - that may be because we already have tickets for our next visit.

editing to add the link - sorry

disneyworld/passholder-program/

Edited at 06:05 PM. Reason: to add the link
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We have had a couple of longer trips with 14 day tickets. We prefer to put Disney in the last two weeks. Once we had a 3 night cruise. We’ve gone via New York for a few days snd had a few days at universal.

If you will visit the other parks then overlap the tickets so you start with one set and finish with the other.

We also enjoyed some more relaxing days which we don’t do when we have park tickets.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Disney stopped selling WDW APs a few months ago, I don't think they have started selling them again yet.

When I bought an AP last year I believe free parking at the parks (not the resorts though if I recall correctly) was still a perk. This was a year ago though!
Old 26 Sep 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

I think the 21 day tickets will be back after next year. APs are about double the cost so only really value if you go more than once in a year.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

I hope that the 21 day passes will be back by 2022 as between that and only being able to borrow 50% DVC points we are seriously looking to have a few days at Universal if both options are unavailable. 😏😏
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

They will be nuts not to bring it back. 4 months post vaccine would be my guess
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

We booked a Virgin Holiday package in January for end of October 2021. The package included the 21 day ticket. I had a phone call from Virgin Holidays a couple of weeks ago to say that Disney would be honouring our 21 day ticket but we had to pay a £927 deposit by the 25th of this month.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

In terms of Annual Passes, you need to do the maths to see if it makes sense. Personally I would remember that if you have a 21 day holiday you only have probably 19 days you could use your ticket. If you are going to Universal or any of the other parks then I would be inclined to just do these at the end of the 14 Disney days instead.

Currently APs aren't on sale so you can't upgrade anyway but when they are back on sale you need to think about the costings. So with an AP you get 10% off most merchandise and meals as well as free parking at the theme parks (not at the resorts). When I got mine last year it was around $200 more than purchasing 2 x 14 day tickets (was planning on going twice within a year). We don't eat much in the parks as visited so many times now that we tend to just stick to better off site places and stay in a timeshare so for me it was all about the parking and as long as we did 7 more dates I was happy we would get our moneys worth out of one AP. However if we had all gotten them it definitely wouldn't have made sense money wise.
Old 29 Sep 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Current costings on an AP is + 2 14 day Ultimates, depending on how many visits you would need for that last week I'd also look at MYW tickets- this is what we done last year after our 21 dayers run out. As far as perks as you only need 1 AP to get them then the more AP that you had to buy the less cost effective IYKWIM
The last time that I looked as Plat plus was approx £1050

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List