Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Nov 20, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Bosch
Man in the High Tower
Jack Ryan

All amazingly good Amazon exclusives
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Midway - started watching then I realised I had already seen it! Doh!
Like the new Pearl Harbour - ruined by CGI... but still very watchable - it’s a war movie!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have had Prime for ages as they screen all the ATP tennis now rather than other channels. I really like it, I think it’s giving Netflix a good run for it’s money.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

My husbands daughter has just very kindly gifted this to him for early Christmas present, so we can watch This is us, DH wants to see Picard, he is Star Trek fan.

There is a fantastic film called The Gentlemen too worth a watch if you haven’t seen it.

Am making notes of all the other shows recommended here so far! Thank you 😊

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Hardly ever watch Prime, or Disney+ mainly watch Netflix.

Prime has some good stuff on but their own series often are not to my taste.

Notable exceptions are the football documentaries, in particular Take Me Home - Leeds United😁
Old 25 Nov 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
My husbands daughter has just very kindly gifted this to him for early Christmas present, so we can watch This is us, DH wants to see Picard, he is Star Trek fan.

There is a fantastic film called The Gentlemen too worth a watch if you haven’t seen it.

Am making notes of all the other shows recommended here so far! Thank you 😊
Has she bought him a prime membership or just shared her account with him. Prime accounts can only be shared by people in the same household - although I have no idea how they would police that.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Has she bought him a prime membership or just shared her account with him. Prime accounts can only be shared by people in the same household - although I have no idea how they would police that.
You don’t have to live in the same house to share prime benefits using Amazon household
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
That's good to know.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I joined Prime many years ago, then you could share your account with up to 4 others didn’t have to live near or anything, the secondary holders got the benefit of prime deliveries but not the tv (though that might be different now)... but of course the sharing benefit is not so good now... my account is shared with DH, DS, and DD x 2...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I joined Prime many years ago, then you could share your account with up to 4 others didn’t have to live near or anything, the secondary holders got the benefit of prime deliveries but not the tv (though that might be different now)... but of course the sharing benefit is not so good now... my account is shared with DH, DS, and DD x 2...
I have Prime through work, I would have to subscribe extra for films. So I just use it for ordering. The postage I have saved over the years must be massive. (plus the company pays for Prime anyway)