Notices

Old 2 Jul 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Update

Wow it's been 2 months since I've updated! So much has changed!

Change Number 1 - Mother started hinting!

When we started looking at what to do in addition to the Disney Stay and the Cruise my Mother, who declares every now again that 'she's too old for Florida ! Ha ha , never... ' , or that 'once this year is enough' (she was staying in May with my sister and her family), started dropping some fairly big hints about coming for at least some of the time. Think, 'well I wonder how much it would cost to join you' and 'oh, I couldn't could I? ' The next thing I know she is booked on the same outward flight with us travelling home after the run weekend on the 4th November directly from MCO.

Now this causes more issues than you would think, for starters we are staying at Animal Kingdom which sleeps 4 and she, understandably, doesn't want to share a room with Simon, quite apart from the snoring... lol.

So I started looking at revising accommodation!

Change Number Two - Accommodation

I then started keeping at tentative eye on accommodation options, in the end I was able to change our booking to the Yacht Club in a garden view room with a very slight date amendment it did cost more than the original booking however given that it was an extra ticket and Disney honoured the dining plan for my Mum even though we only amended last month I felt it was worth it.

I love the YC area. We stayed there in 2016 and I hope we can get the same room, although I think they are now refurbished. Here are some pictures of our room from 2016.

this is a garden view room but you can see a view of the lagoon!

And here are some general resort pics!

We still really want to go to the Animal Kingdom so I have booked 2 nights room only in a club level savannah view room for the end of the stay. I have done this on the US site which was much much cheaper than doing it on the UK one for some reason! We extended our park tickets by a week so we will have park entry for all days we are on site.

In addition so that there is no overlap with Simon and Mom sharing a room (heaven forbid ) I have booked the Poly for 4 nights from 31st October to the 4 November, now I must admit that this is a bit extravagant however it has always been a dream of mine to stay at the poly and it will make it so much easier for Race days. I think that Simon and I will stay there 2 nights and mom and the kids the other 2. Again this is booked room over on the US site.

Other Updates

I'm still umming and arring over dining reservations so I am reluctant to post an itinerary, however, we have secured reservations at Story Book Dining for the Snow white meal which I am really excited about and I have booked California Grill Brunch for Race Day for just Simon and I (well we now have a babysitter! )

I have also booked Hoop de Doo Musical Review for Me, mum and the Kids, before Simon arrives and the Not So Scary Halloween Party for the 31st October.

More to follow later...

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

So, inspired by reading other PTR's from people who are clearly much more organised than me, here if my first bash at an itinerary!

Mon 21 Oct- Pre- flight night at Sandman Hotel Gatwick with free taxi transfer.

Tues 22 Oct - LGW to Tampa, Clearwater Hampton Inn ,

Wed 23 Oct - Clearwater, sea screamer/ beach.

Thurs 24 Oct - Clearwater marine Acquarium - drive to Orlando - Check in Yacht Club - Wine and Dine Festival snack credits for food possibly FP Fantasmic (failed to see that last time !)

Fri 25 Oct - BOG breakfast reservation - morning MK, YC stormalong bay afternoon, dinner Story Book Dining at Artists point.

Saturday 26 Oct - I'll take kids to Blizzard Beach before it closes for winter - it's their favourite. PM Uber to Old Town for the car show.

Sun 27 Oct - morning resort - pm Animal Kingdom - Tiffins River of Light package.

Mon 28 Oct - Holywood Studios I plan to take kids for EMH. Disney Springs pm/ evening. Food one of the new QS restaurants, Blaze Pizza or Polite Pig?

Tues 29 Oct- Not booked yet but possibly riding at the Tri Circle D ranch. MK and Hoop de Hoo at 6.14pm.

Wed 30 Oct - Kennedy Space Centre, dinner at Flying Fish or Ale and Compass (can't decide which!)

Thurs 31 - Check in Poly. Skippers Canteen Lunch, Mickey Not So Scary Haloween Party.

Fri 1st - Simon joins us! Citricos Dinner! I have in mind that Simon will take the kids on rides at MK and I'll go shopping with mom!

Saturday 2nd - 10K at 5am , Teppan Edo Eat to the Beat reservation (although I'm not even sure who is playing that night ) Epcot madness in Wine and Dine hoping Future land will be OKKKK!

Sun 3rd - Simon and I half marathon Cali Grill Brunch! Day off the kids

Mon 4th - Mom leaves - lunch Kona Cafe. Possibly evening at Hollywood studios

Tues 5th - Disney Springs Boathouse? Possibly Typhoon Lagoon.

Wed 6th - Really not sure yet?

Thurs 7th - Check out YC - Check in AKL Club Level - dinner at Jiko

Fri 8th - Again TBC

Sat 9th - Check out AKL KSC pm / St Augustine hotel

Sun 10th - ST Augustine

Mon 11th - Check out St Augustine drive to Port Canaveral for Disney Cruise

11- 15th Disney Very Merry Christmas Cruise

Fri 15 - disembark early drive to Crystal River for Manatee Swim

Friday 15 Pm Fly home

Edited at 05:05 PM.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Well I'm going for it a bit with the planning at the moment because I had a wisdom tooth extracted on Monday and it's knocked me off my feet. I now have an infection in my jaw so am on strong anti-b's and pain killers. I'm feeling quite sorry for myself as it's put the run training on hold and I'm behind where I should be anyway .

Anyway, I can't really work or do much else that's taxing so I might as well cheer myself up with a spot of Disney Planning.

So here is a To Do List

Paris

All paid up

Need to book Disney Express to transfer luggage.

Need to get Medical Certificates Sorted.

Need to book restaurants.

Run Costumes?

Florida

All paid up except small Disney Balance - to sort next month.

Estas sorted

Insurance Sorted to include Cruise Cover

Start thinking about FP's planning?

Need to phone BA to try to organise to add Mom to our booking on way out and Simon to our booking on way back to see if we can sit together.

Special Assistance at Airports for Joe.

Do we want an airport lounge at Gatwick? (any opinions on this would be gratefully received).

Clearwater Restaurant arrival night.

Book Seascreamer in Advance.

Costumes MNSSHP - I am threatening to dress mom as Ursula but beyond that I have no idea, although that Forky character looks interesting!

Run Disney Costumes?

Do we want to go to Gatorland? Any other places to see given that we have done all of the Disney parks and are not going to Universal.

More food planning, I felt we missed out on good Snack and QS credit options last time.

St Augustine? I'm not 100% sure about these 2 nights, I've provisionally booked a room I can cancel on Booking.com but still looking around at other options.

Disney Cruise

All paid in full

Sort out secure parking for the time we are on cruise.

75 days in advance can check in and book excursions.

Which Excursions?

Pirate night costumes

Fish Extenders? / Gift Exchange purchases - more on this later !

Crystal River Manatee swim (make reservation) and check timing will work for flight home.

Well wow still loads to do!

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Old 3 Jul 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Wow - just read this in full! Hope your tooth feels better soon - sounds very painful. First of all, I am very jealous of your Wine and Dine Half Marathon entry. BA changed our flights recently and we are now there when the half marathon is on but there are no places available You will love it! I did the a Half Marathon in the 2018 Marathon Weekend then the DLP event last year and the Castle to Chateau medal was amazing. I'm also doing the DLP this year - just filled out my registration form so need to start planning costumes too
We will be out there in October too - not long now. Your plans look amazing. DCL is fantastic - you'll want to go back and hopefully the Castaway Cay 5k will convince Simon!
Will be following your PTR and TR and want to hear all about the Wine and Dine Half
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Wow - just read this in full! Hope your tooth feels better soon - sounds very painful. First of all, I am very jealous of your Wine and Dine Half Marathon entry. BA changed our flights recently and we are now there when the half marathon is on but there are no places available You will love it! I did the a Half Marathon in the 2018 Marathon Weekend then the DLP event last year and the Castle to Chateau medal was amazing. I'm also doing the DLP this year - just filled out my registration form so need to start planning costumes too
We will be out there in October too - not long now. Your plans look amazing. DCL is fantastic - you'll want to go back and hopefully the Castaway Cay 5k will convince Simon!
Will be following your PTR and TR and want to hear all about the Wine and Dine Half
Oh Wow, I'm really excited about the half marathon but am slightly dreading the 5am start. How did you find it?

What a shame that you can't get a booking for the half this year, would it be possible to get one through a US travel agent?

Did you wear costumes last year, I need some serious inspiration! I doubt I'll get Simon to dress up though! I did suggest we go as Belle and the beast but he was having non of it LOL!
Old 4 Jul 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
Oh Wow, I'm really excited about the half marathon but am slightly dreading the 5am start. How did you find it?

What a shame that you can't get a booking for the half this year, would it be possible to get one through a US travel agent?

Did you wear costumes last year, I need some serious inspiration! I doubt I'll get Simon to dress up though! I did suggest we go as Belle and the beast but he was having non of it LOL!
The start was better than expected in DLP - the atmosphere is great and wakes you up but I needed very early nights that weekend and was very tired the following week. The 3am start in WDW was ok too as we were flying home that day so decided to get in to time zone early! So strange to be wondering around the resorts that early though! I called US WDTC last night but no luck... just wish I had known about the flight change a couple of months earlier! Costumes are brilliant at Run Disney events - I bought a Mickey Mouse outfit at the Expo last year so will wear that in DLP Think Beauty and the Beast would be a fab choice!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Well 60 Days to Disney = Fastpass Plus Day

Why does Disney always email two hours BEFORE FP+ booking goes live to make you think that you can get them early? The email lies! It tells you you can book them now and you can't!

Anyway only 2 major dramas with FP+ booking, the first is that I couldn't get Slinky for the first day at 60 days which I was a bit surprised about but hey- ho!

The second was that Disney is not going to have FP+ for Star Wars ! Well we'll have to see how that one goes then.

That aside- all good.

So I'm Mrs Countdown at the moment as I feel I have so many on the go -

Current Countdowns:

Disney Cruise - 3 days until I can book on board activities and excursions, the pain with this one is that the window opens at 5am! I still haven't decided what to do excursions wise - there is a port day so at Nassau so I want to look at the options for that. They also operate a tier system on the Disney Cruise Line which gives earlier booking windows depending on the number of Disney Cruises you've been on. Given that we are virgin sailors we are at the bottom of the pecking order.

It's all getting quite exciting on the Facebook Group for our sailing with daily updates, speculation of what films will be on board (we are thinking maybe the Live Action Lady and the Tramp will feature) and 'Fish Extender Groups' being finalised.

We are participating in the Ornament, Magnet, Family and Children FE Groups, I've started a bit of shopping on ETSY and will do an update on that soon.

I've also signed Simon and I up for the 'Open Bar' event to meet some of the other group members!

DLP - 23 days

I've got my Run Outfits sorted, my running not so much. I've booked the dining reservations. No FP+ to worry about for DLP yet! So pretty much good to go, although I do need to dust off those running shoes a bit more first!

Florida - 58 days

Hotels now booked for before and after WDW - we settled on the Wyndham Grand at Clearwater for 2 nights in a Gulf View room. We had been booked in somewhere else but on reading the reviews I decided to go for this one for it's location. It also looks amazing!

For the time between WDW and the Cruise we are staying in a B&B in New Symrna Beach - which Joseph reliably has informed me is the Shark Bite Capital of the World. I thought he was joking but seemingly no! We decided to scrap St Augustine (which does look lovely) in favour of the shorter drive to New Symrna.

And the most exciting thing is that we have NBA Tickets for Orlando Magic v Memphis Grizzlies for our last night in Orlando.

I've still got to sort out what we are wearing for MNSSHP - I wanted to dress up but am currently being outvoted in favour of matching T-shirts

Edited at 07:09 PM.