Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I faint all the time. The best thing to do is actually lie flat and get someone to lift your feet up a few inches. If she feels a bit funny, rather than wait in the line for the loo, go to the walkway and just lie down, the one that goes across the plane, not the actual aisle. After literally 2 mins she will be fine. Its lack of blood to the brain. Can often happen if you have an alcoholic drink prior to food, so dont do that. Get over heated etc. Have a drink of water handy as well, Move your feet/ankles around a lot and keep the blood flowing. Get up and walk about. That always helps me. It may never happen again anyway. (Could be an age thing)

DisneyJulie

Edited at 12:59 PM.
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mrs Valentine funny you should say that! '
In the airport I had a sandwich and some crisps, and water. OH said she didn't want hers, but had a pint (beer not water!)
We had lunch with my DD, and a cake mid afternoon and nothing after that. As we flew at 11.30pm we really needed to eat.
I insist this was something to do with it, OH and others say not. However I have told her unless she A - eats food and B - has no alcohol I will refuse to board the plan with her next time!

Thanks for all your comments and advice everyone.
She is a very fit, active 65 year old golfing lady, not normally prone to fainting. Just one of those things I think combined with unwise pre-flight choices
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

I fainted on a very short early morning flight..
An early morning holiday drink contributed to this. i’m now banned from drinking before a flight.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I faint all the time. The best thing to do is actually lie flat and get someone to lift your feet up a few inches. If she feels a bit funny, rather than wait in the line for the loo, go to the walkway and just lie down, the one that goes across the plane, not the actual aisle. After literally 2 mins she will be fine. Its lack of blood to the brain. Can often happen if you have an alcoholic drink prior to food, so dont do that. Get over heated etc. Have a drink of water handy as well, Move your feet/ankles around a lot and keep the blood flowing. Get up and walk about. That always helps me. It may never happen again anyway. (Could be an age thing)
I have been feeling faint on all flights recently, faint and like I am going to be sick..I have also been boiling and it happens when I have had a snooze and wake up. I decided to give alcohol a miss this time and I was absolutely fine! I think this def doesn't help so will have one at the airport before flying and then thats it...very wise words thank you
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
You are correct that they reduce the oxygen flow to aid sleep but it makes children and some people feel faint, lightheaded or vomit but think it’s due to fatigue . I keep our youngest awake now and he’s been fine since. Speak to your gp just to get checked out x
Didn’t know this 😳
TBH, I felt poorly both there and back this time (morning then night flight) but often do feel ‘rough’ on return flights and they are always through the night.
As for drinking alcohol, I always feel to sick to drink 🤭

Edited at 08:34 PM.
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List