Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

BA pricing is making me want to liquidise my brain.
If I do manage to do this, and upgrade to prem economy. I should get a refund of £236.
So, help me. I will get 2 adults, 2 children. Lgw-mco 22nd July-21st August and 30 days car hire in a Ford Escape for £3563.
It doesn’t sound that good a deal.
But, I refuse to fly indirect, or with (for my own reasons- no trying to persuade me otherwise, i’m not criticising anyone’s choices by the way) Thomas Cook, Aer Lingus or Norwegian. I don’t really help myself do I?!
Any thoughts?

Edited to add: after scouring through the terms do conditions, an upgrade amendment fee is going to cost me £150 per person. So not worth doing.

Edited at 01:30 PM.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
If I do manage to do this, and upgrade to prem economy. I should get a refund of £236.
So, help me. I will get 2 adults, 2 children. Lgw-mco 22nd July-21st August and 30 days car hire in a Ford Escape for £3563.
But, I refuse to fly indirect, or with (for my own reasons- no trying to persuade me otherwise, i’m not criticising anyone’s choices by the way) Thomas Cook, Aer Lingus or Norwegian. I don’t really help myself do I?!
Any thoughts?
You are looking at the same outbound flight as me. Its rocketed since yesterday. My fly drive price has gone up by £500 in 24 hours

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by maxi0479 View Post
You are looking at the same outbound flight as me. Its rocketed since yesterday. My fly drive price has gone up by £500 in 24 hours
But the premium economy price is cheaper than economy..? Which I would like to consider booking, but it doesn’t work as part of the flydrive package.. I would like to bash my skull in, but i’ve already done that a few weeks ago in a serious car accident. I’m now off work, trying to book and get something nice achieved instead of feeling guilty for not being at work.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Any thoughts?

Edited to add: after scouring through the terms do conditions, an upgrade amendment fee is going to cost me £150 per person. So not worth doing.
To book different class flights and car hire, you need to call and book. We did this last year - flew economy to TPA there and back PE from FLL. Sometimes if you book flights and then add car it works out dearer and doesn’t always let you pay a deposit.
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
For those whose flights are just coming out now please just be patient. Coming back after the 3rd/4th September are essentially off peak flights and it shouldn’t be an issue getting them for under £450 with bags on Virgin/BA in the next month or 2.
I've never seen an early september weekend return quite that cheap (not saying they haven't happened, I just haven't seen it!), but I wouldn't be suprised to see them in the £500 range for sure.

I was tempted to wait, and may regret not waiting, but Norwegian at £529 (with bags) is a good price so I went for it.
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Newcastle & Glasgow flights are at around £530pp price around 25th/27th July indirect with BA if anyone is looking!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

BA flight prices are crazy at the moment. I booked at the weekend and got a good return PE price then it went up to ridiculous amount now it is back down to a home bound PE cheaper than econ! So £403 on the home bound leg for PE and £448 in econ (this is just one leg)!
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBB View Post
BA flight prices are crazy at the moment. I booked at the weekend and got a good return PE price then it went up to ridiculous amount now it is back down to a home bound PE cheaper than econ! So £403 on the home bound leg for PE and £448 in econ (this is just one leg)!
I’m hoping to get a good PE return when our flights open in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Newcastle & Glasgow flights are at around £530pp price around 25th/27th July indirect with BA if anyone is looking!
was that flight only, just looked and cheapest outbound on 25th is 518, over 700 return
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22

Edited at 04:20 PM.
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

Ive taken the plunge and booked, its far too stressful waiting. I had fixed dates due to other commitments. I had a budget and I'm £53 over.

3 Ad & 1ch
22/07/20 - 05/08/20
Outbound - Gat - Dublin - MCO
Inbound - MCO - Gat Direct
Bags
Plus Ford Edge with 1 additional driver (8 days car hire as I dont need it for first 6 days)
£3053 with BA and £350 deposit

Im happy, and can now relax and never look at flights again ... until the next time :-)

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List