Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Oct 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This happened to us but they appeared in our room the following day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our coloured bands were missing on the second half of our split stay this summer at AoA. The check in lady couldn’t care less. Offered us a random colour for our son who had lost his original one (so onviously needed one) but that was it. Not a big deal as we already had some but for little kids who had been so excited to have those specific colours, it was a bit disappointing.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

The same happened to us last month at Beach Club. They gave us $100 room credit (which was a bonus considering there was only 2 of us!).

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP sorry to hear that you’ve experienced this.
We also had issues with ours in August. Upon check in for our cash booking no special order magic bands ... perhaps they have attached to your booking for summer 2020? ! We may have moaned (quite a lot) an email confirming said bands delivery to resort and 2 disappointed children does that to you. We were given a room credit as an apology and allowed to choose whatever colour of standard band we wanted from those behind the desk.
Interestingly enough when 2 weeks later we re-checked in for our DVC booking (same resort) guess what we were handed? Oh yes even though they were never attached to the DVC booking. Just plain strange, and no, we weren’t the only ones at check in whose special order bands were missing in action.
It’s pretty disappointing that whatever their issues are, they don’t appear to have fixed the problems yet. Don’t promise and take money for something you can’t do, it’s just not very Disney.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

My bands were there at both of our hotel stays, for the first stay we just had coloured bands but we got our special ones at the second check in.

OP, I think you were suitably compensated in the end, but was a bit cheeky to expect you to be happy to go on your merry way empty handed when you have paid for something!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Why did you need to wear them for the magic express?
Old 3 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Why did you need to wear them for the magic express?
You don’t have to wear them, but as your booking is linked to MDE and your band (even old bands, unless you remove them) is linked to MDE, they can scan your band at MAgical express check in podium for them to find your hotel booking and ME booking, rather than having to show some paper to check in for ME.

If that makes sense?

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I ordered a Donald Duck one for my recent Beach Club stay and it was there. The CM complimented me on my choice So the system does work sometimes!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I’ve ordered a toy story and stitch one for my grandsons so really hope no problems checking in . They are showing on my MDE and the boys are excited at the thought
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the heads up. Will be really disappointed if they are not there when we check in but I would be really ****** if the CM did not offer recompense. 😩😩😩
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List