Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Oct 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
How would you market it to prevent adults from deciding to drink loads and start swearing during the flight ...
That's quite disingenuous...
Why would you need to?
There are lots of us adults that would love a kid free zone that don't spank the alcohol or swear (much) in public!
My DH never drinks on a flight as I am sure many other dibbers don't... Especially if picking up a hire car!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

How would you market it to prevent adults from deciding to drink loads and start swearing during the flight ...
In my eyes the type of adult who would behave like this would do it regardless to kids being there or not.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve done one flight with ours when they were young in Buiness 11 9 and 19months to South Africa then Zimbabwe before it got awful
The cabin crew complimented us on there behaviour but it was 2 awful
Adults complaining constantly that we’re asked to tone down or move they did move
Way home cabin crew were down right awful to the extent the other passengers in buiness complained to them about their attitude
The kids were great both ways
Me I’ve no issue at all but I only to air travel with DH as a last resort he’s aflippin* pita drives me nuts
If we do travel on the same flight we are as far away from each other a# possible no matter what class

Edited at 11:11 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The point is that adult behaviour means different things to different people.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The point is that adult behaviour means different things to different people.
Just choked on my coffee. Not sure if it's just me!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Of course they should! If you are looking to fly in a cabin without kids then either 1. fly private or 2. Do not fly to a family holiday destination
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Just choked on my coffee. Not sure if it's just me!
I don't know WHAT you mean Sue

As for like the quiet carriage on trains plenty of people disregard the rules . At least on a train they can be kicked off (if the operator can be bothered) slightly trickier on a plane !

Edited at 10:17 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I am childfree, this does not mean I want to get drunk and start swearing on planes and neither to the majority of other people just because they are childless. What a strange suggestion.

Personally I am not particularly interested in an adult only section in a plane because I have never encountered any trouble from noisy children (or adults) on a plane. It wouldn't be hard to market though, for most people it would be clear the intention is to provide a quiet place not somewhere to go to get drunk and swear.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I wonder how much confirmation bias is involved in our experiences of noisy children/adults on planes? I've never had an issue with rowdy adults, but I can always hear the screams of a baby from rows away.

As long as people - of any age - are aware of how to behave appropriately to their surroundings and able to do so, I don't care what class they're in.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

Of course they can fly in Business, in the special overhead child lockers
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List