Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile What would you do - cancel flight or keep it?

In April we’re heading over to the USA - 4 nights in Vegas, 3 in LA, 5 in Orlando then 3 in Miami. Our issue at the moment is when hubby booked the flights from LA to Orlando (he thought this was a good idea at the time) he booked the 10pm flight leaving lax and arriving at Mco at 5:30am. We cannot check into our hotel until 4pm, but the Aventura said if the room is available to check in earlier then we can, but it’s not guaranteed.

I’m not keen on this as we cannot sleep well on flights so we would be shattered on landing day in mco and unless we pay for a cabana somewhere, we ain’t getting a nap. Day rates at hotels start from 9am which isn’t feasible either.

I think rebook the flight the next morning from lax and stay at the crowne plaza at the lax airport and arrive into mco in the afternoon is the better option. We cannot change flight due to the type of ticket so we would lose the £250 for the original flight and pay new flights and hotel at £400.

I’m calling it an learning experience to my hubby but he’s not sure what to do. I’d rather have a restful night sleep rather than a disturbed sleep (if I ever dropped off) on the flight.

What would you do?
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Can you not book the extra night at the Aventura? So you then don't have to faff around moving? If available surely cheaper than the £650?
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

No I wouldn't change it for that cost. You may be a bit tired but it will soon pass. You could take a nap by the pool or something?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Personally i'd keep it, have flown the red-eye's LAX to MCO a few times and would prefer the extra holiday time i'd get from flying overnight rather than wasting a day, but I find it fairly easy to sleep on planes though.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Can you not book the extra night at the Aventura? So you then don't have to faff around moving? If available surely cheaper than the £650?
This would make the most sense imo
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Or 2 very cheap nights at a motel so that it is available in the morning and to the afternoon
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I wouldn’t rebook and just deal with a bit of tiredness.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
This was what I was thinking so the room would be available when you arrive.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

As an aside op (and sorry to go off topic) i’d Love to do the same itinerary as you (Las Vegas, la and Orlando) and trying to convince dh. What are you planning to do in LA and Vegas and are you driving to LA?
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

No we’re checking out of LA on morning of 17th, flying over night 17th and arriving into mco 18th 5:30pm. We have Aventura booked for night of 18th for 5 nights but cannot check in until 4pm so have from 5:30am -4pm before we can check in