FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Solo trip 2019 - day three and properly awake - MK rides (mostly)

I didn't realise until I got up this morning how tired I had been after the long trip. Age starts to show
In my diary I have written "turkey sandwich and a doughnut for breakfast" well that's a good reason for keeping a diary I have no recollection of eating any doughnut at any time the whole holiday ...age showing again
Anyway today I did have plans - meeting Ellie in MK so had my strange breakfast and several cups of tea and got to MK for 09:00. strolled around, walked on to Space Ranger Spin then watched the Laugh Floor which is always amazing how they do those cartoon characters live.
Met Ellie for Space Mountain. I was a bit nervous about this because back in 1996 on my very first visit I rode this one alone it was my first Disney ride and my first every 'proper' rollercoaster and it scared me witless not knowing what to expect - I've not ridden it since. But I just LOVED it this time it reminded me of riding a rodeo horse (yes I've done that) and I had Ellie in hysterics with my yells of "Ride 'em, cowboy!"
We trundled around the People Mover after and got to know each other a bit better before out FP for Mine Train and then parted for hte rest of the day. This is a really good way to have a solo visit, somebody to meet and chat with but not be stuck with

I took the launch out to Wilderness Lodge to have a look because I've never been there. I wasn't overly impressed. Came back to MK and got on Splash Mountain again with minimal wait. Walking back through the park I saw The Muppets doing the Declaration of Independence I love the Muppets and I hadn't known about this show. Apparently it's finished now so I was lucky to catch the last performances. I was ready to go back to my resort but got distracted by the brass marching band...then at the entrance the Barbershop quartet (they are really good I always stop to watch them when I can)
Leaving MK about 2pm and undecided...walked over to Contemporary and saw a pool bar with what looked like nice snacks so went to the window and had this conversation with the Latino lady serving;
"Chicken pita please"
"Sorry we don't serve pizza"
"No, pita. Chicken pita"
"We don't serve pizza. You can get pizza inside"
"PITA! P-I-T-A. Pita bread with chicken in it!"
"Ohhh you mean pi-aa, sure"

anyway it was a really nice pi-aaa with spicy dressing when I finally got it

Blank afternoon - what shall I do? Done all my FP and no more available - no, there's one for The Land - so off to Epcot on the monorail. I hadn't realised they have security for that now, too. So sad that its necessary. Strolled around World Showcase, watched some displays, looked in some shops, had a margarita and eventually got the boat to HS and the bus home.

A much more full day now I'm properly awake. But did so much had another early evening in bed watching TV with a glass (or two, being as it was affordable) of wine

Edited at 03:53 PM.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another lovely day. We have DVC at Bay Lake Tower and I love the contemporary. The shop in there is really good.