Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

🤣 I have been to this cottage, CFB.

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
...where they are very.. English.
Are you sure? 🤔

From their webpage: “We are always in need of new members. Everything we do is English but you don't have to be English or of English descent to join.”

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Colusox
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Hi Aims, just writing to say thanks, for your amazing thread. And help with the questions I asked.
We made it to the zoo on Friday, and I'm so glad we did. It was fantastic. Didn't quite manage all of it as kids were getting tired. But it gives me a reason to visit San Diego again. You are so lucky to live in such a lovely city, one of my favourite places I have ever visited.
Now we are heading north to visit a big mouse and his friends.
Thanks.
Colusox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colusox View Post
Hi Aims, just writing to say thanks, for your amazing thread. And help with the questions I asked.
We made it to the zoo on Friday, and I'm so glad we did. It was fantastic. Didn't quite manage all of it as kids were getting tired. But it gives me a reason to visit San Diego again. You are so lucky to live in such a lovely city, one of my favourite places I have ever visited.
Now we are heading north to visit a big mouse and his friends.
Thanks.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Colusox! You are very welcome, of course. It was a pleasure to be of help. I am SO glad you made it to the Zoo yesterday and had a great time. I do realize how lucky I am to live here, for sure. I hope your family gets back here again in the near future! Enjoy your time at Disneyland! I hope you got MaxPass added to your tickets, or are planning to add it once you get there. It really is a lifesaver on busy days at the park- totally worth the money, IMO

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
🤣 I have been to this cottage, CFB.

Are you sure? 🤔

From their webpage: “We are always in need of new members. Everything we do is English but you don't have to be English or of English descent to join.”
I was being facetious. They were lovely people trying to be English. One, on hearing I was from Cornwall replied that his great Grandad was from Lisk eared... (as he pronounced it).
They were very friendly and I had a cup of tea (with saucer), whilst admiring all the Chuck and Di memorabilia.
It was actually one of many highlights of the vacation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It was actually one of many highlights of the vacation.
That’s awesome 😊 I’m glad you found those cottages, a lot of people don’t realize they are there. They have been around a long time!

Old 13 Sep 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Aims, Strange request, can you recommend a cinema, Joker is out while we are over and thought we may gonto the cinema whilst in San Diego. We are staying at the comfort inn by the harbour. Thank you.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
Aims, Strange request, can you recommend a cinema, Joker is out while we are over and thought we may gonto the cinema whilst in San Diego. We are staying at the comfort inn by the harbour. Thank you.
Hi kirkdalewdw! There is a big cinema in Mission Valley, where the mall is. It’s not a bad drive from the harbor. It’s called the AMC Mission Valley 20: amctheatres/movie-th...sion-valley-20

Old 13 Sep 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi kirkdalewdw! There is a big cinema in Mission Valley, where the mall is. It’s not a bad drive from the harbor. It’s called the AMC Mission Valley 20: amctheatres/movie-th...sion-valley-20
Thank you
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

If your looking for a good food place around the North harbour, I recommend Jimmy's Famous American Tavern, really good view of the harbour and the food and beer were spot on
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Aims, we have just booked 3 nights at Best Western Palms for October next year. We plan to go to the zoo, hopefully go on a whale watching trip and look around USS Midway Museum. We are excited to visit your home city even though it will be a short visit. We can always come back another year!

Edited at 10:52 PM.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List