Notices

Old 17 Jun 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JosieO
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Congratulations on you’re engagement! Sounds like an amazing honeymoon. We went in August last year and are hoping to go back in August 2020. Keeping everything crossed that free dining is still going to be available for then! Look forward to hearing more details.
Thank you so much! I reeeally hope that free dining will be released, I'm a little panicky that it won't be with Star Wars etc next year. Either way we'll be going though so I should try and not worry too much happy planning with your trip!

Originally Posted by Our Grumpy1 View Post
Congratulations on your engagement!

I guess it’s never ‘to soon’ to plan, especially when what you are planning is such an important event in your life. October 2020 is not so far away and will come around in no time; have fun planning this wonderful occasion.
Thank you, that's so kind I'm enjoying the nice relaxed planning phase currently, not sure how I'll be the month before haha!

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Congratulations and happy planning
Thank you so much

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Congratulations. Sounds amazing!
Thank you I'm very excited (in case you couldn't already tell)

Originally Posted by xmelaniee View Post
Congratulations! Never too early to start planning, especially when it's your honeymoon! We started planning out honeymoon 2 1/2 years before we go (we don't go until Sept next year), and one year later has gone so quick between the wedding planning and honeymoon planning!
Thank you! Ahh that's exciting, have you got a pre-trippy up? I'm kind of wishing the time away but trying my hardest not to

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Congratulations and happy planning. Looking forward to see how your plan comes out. We're looking at going in October 2020 again too! X
Thank you! It looks like it's gonna be a busy month haha. Have you started thinking about where you'd like to stay?

Originally Posted by Fairyloveheart View Post
Congratulations! I'm impatiently waiting to book for April 2020! I wanted to do a pre trippie too, but didn't know if people would think I was mad! Xx
Haha do it! Join me in the 2020 pre-trip madness! Where are you thinking of booking?

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Congratulations!

And we are hoping to be visiting in October 2020 too so our countdown will be similar to yours
Thank you so much it still doesn't feel real haha! Ahh that's super exciting, fingers crossed the next couple of years fly by for both of us

Originally Posted by Sinead View Post
Congrats ! We are looking to return in 2020 (August) and I also turn 30 that year. Never too soon to plan, I've done the same with 2019 prices haha.
Birthday year twins haha! Can 2020 just hurry up already
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JosieO View Post
Thank you! It looks like it's gonna be a busy month haha. Have you started thinking about where you'd like to stay?
We're just thinking of International Drive or a Villa depending on cost. Ideally I want to wait till after this trip to look into things x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm looking to book Oct 2020 too! Will be other halfs first ever trip to the US, let alone Disney so I'm really hoping he loves it. Last time i went to WDW was in 1998 so now I'm having to be the adult and book everything...it was so much easier as a kid, you just rock up and have fun

We (well I, he's not interested!) want to do 10 days PO but not decided on which one and then 4 days Universal. Still undecided on which hotel there as not sure whether we will need EP's at that time of year and could make a lot of difference to the budget if not.

I'm looking for the QSDP, probably wont do any character meals so no point upgrading to DDP. Can you book and then upgrade to a dining plan at a later date when (if) it's released or can you only get it if you book after it's gone on sale?

Sorry, I've completely jumped on your post!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JosieO

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
We're just thinking of International Drive or a Villa depending on cost. Ideally I want to wait till after this trip to look into things x
That'll be so lovely! Will you be doing a pre-trippy? I think we'll do a villa next time, I love the flexibility and the off site dining options x

Originally Posted by asb82 View Post
I'm looking to book Oct 2020 too! Will be other halfs first ever trip to the US, let alone Disney so I'm really hoping he loves it. Last time i went to WDW was in 1998 so now I'm having to be the adult and book everything...it was so much easier as a kid, you just rock up and have fun

We (well I, he's not interested!) want to do 10 days PO but not decided on which one and then 4 days Universal. Still undecided on which hotel there as not sure whether we will need EP's at that time of year and could make a lot of difference to the budget if not.

I'm looking for the QSDP, probably wont do any character meals so no point upgrading to DDP. Can you book and then upgrade to a dining plan at a later date when (if) it's released or can you only get it if you book after it's gone on sale?

Sorry, I've completely jumped on your post!
This all sounds amazing, have you booked anything? I'm pretty sure you can upgrade at any point x
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JosieO

Update 17/09/2019

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I started this thread (17 months in fact), and quite a bit has happened in that time. We've re-located back to my home town in the Midlands, both started new jobs, booked most of our wedding and honeymoon, and we've been on an incredible trip...

One of Mike's best friends lives in California (around 15 minutes from Disneyland), and they got engaged about six months after us. They announced that their wedding would be in Kauai, Hawaii, so of course we had to go! We flew out to LA, spent one night in LAX and then spent five days in Hawaii, before flying back to LA for another six nights (we spent two nights in central LA, and the last four at our friends' apartment whilst they were on their honeymoon).

We loved Kauai and really want to head to Maui next. We saw some incredible coastal scenery, got to drink mai tai's looking out over the Atlantic, visited jungles and canyons, and saw turtles on the beach and in the ocean, it was just incredible.

In California we visited the Warner Bros. Studio Tour, Universal Studios, and spent two days at Disneyland, exploring the park and California Adventure. We ate Mickey bars in Toon Town, drank blue milk in Oga's Cantina, built our own droids in the depot, and generally fell head over heels with Disneyland. We're already daydreaming of our next Hawaii & Cali adventure .

It was really nice to have another Disney countdown to look forward to before our honeymoon, but it was very expensive .

Now for our honeymoon update!
Originally we'd planned on spending 3 nights at the Hard Rock, followed by seven nights at the Beach Club with the free Disney Dining Plan. Once Disney announced that they wouldn't be offering free dining for our dates (we get married on 17th October 2020, and wanted to fly out on 19th October), we had to seriously re-think our plans. The Beach Club was looking pricey , and we just couldn't justify it, even with our bargain wedding .

We umm'd and ahh'd about having a cheap mini moon and then honeymooning in 2021 when (if) free dining was available then, but we'd both had our hearts set on going away straight away. Neither of us is a big fan of fuss or attention, so we were really looking forward to time together in (what will hopefully become) our happy place after the craziness of the wedding. With that in mind, we did the maths (I'm a finance analyst), and decided that we could afford to book a revised version of our honeymoon.

The first thing that we booked was three nights at the Hard Rock and our Universal tickets, via Virgin Holidays when they had a bank holiday sale on.

Next up was...

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort! I stayed here pre-renovation and loved it, so I'm so excited to return as it looks stunning following the work. Mike's never been to Florida and I've only been once, so it'll be like experiencing a totally new resort together. We'd initially booked seven nights here, but that changed on Friday night (you'll find out why shortly ). We opted to pay for the dining plan here. I know that some people will think this isn't worth our money, but we intend to do character dining etc, and honestly, with saving for a wedding and a house at the same time, it'll be really nice to know that our food is all paid for, and we don't need to worry about spending money for that too! .

Our next purchase was day tickets to Discovery Cove! I initially booked these for our one week wedding anniversary as a surprise for Mike, but got too excited and told him the same day

We won't be doing the dolphin swim (neither of us were keen), but I'm so excited to spend a day relaxing in the reef and lazy river, and eating lots of unlimited food .

By this point, all we needed to do for the honeymoon was book our flights when they're released, organise our airport parking and accomodation, and then pay everything off. It was all looking great, and I was really excited for it all! But then, Disney sent me an e-mail offering 10% off a cruise if you add it to an existing WDW booking. Now I'm a sucker for a discount (and we'd already considered squeezing in a cruise when we first started planning the Beach Club, but decided it was out of our budget), so obviously I had to have a little look . Lo and behold, a three night Halloween on the High Seas Bahamas Cruise was due to set sail from Port Canaveral the day after we were due to leave for home! It was almost fate. After excitedly discussing it with Mike, crunching some more numbers and deciding that we only intend to honeymoon once, I was on the phone to Disney, adding an extra night on to our Caribbean Beach stay, and booking us a deluxe oceanview room on the Disney fantasy .

We'll be cruising to Nassau, where we're thinking of spending the day in Atlantis:

but if anyone else has any other suggestions, we'd love to hear them . Then we'll be off to Castaway Cay (this is the thing I'm most excited about for the entire honeymoon!), where we're planning on hiring bikes and then enjoying Serenity Bay (the adults only beach) with a cocktail or two.

This is genuinely a total dream come true for me, and although it's pushed us over budget, I honestly believe that it'll be worth every penny.

So, with that in mind, here's how our itinerary currently looks:

Saturday 17th October 2020 - Our wedding!
Sunday 18th October 2020 - travel to Manchester airport and spend a night at the Radisson Blu (this needs to be booked).
Monday 19th October 2020 - premium Virgin flights to Orlando (these need to be booked).
Monday 19th - Thursday 22nd October 2020 - three nights at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal.
Thursday 22nd October - Friday 30th October 2020 - eight nights at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort.
Friday 30th October - Monday 2nd November 2020 - three nights on the Disney Fantasy, on a Halloween on the High Seas Cruise.
Monday 2nd November 2020 - I'm aiming to book flights home for this evening fingers crossed the flights work for us, it's all booked so it'll have to .

I'm so excited for our Disneymoon (and particularly that cruise, neither of us have ever been on a cruise before, let alone a Disney one). I'd love any tips, and to here any of your plans for now, I'm off to come up with some money saving tips .

Edited at 09:16 PM.
JosieO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulation! I’m sure you’ll have an amazing honeymoon! It’s never too early to start planning! We go September 2020 😁
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh wow - that sounds like a fabulous honeymoon!

We get married on the 1st October and we booked our honeymoon for the 3rd purely to get the free dining - in reality we would’ve liked a few more days but I suppose it at least keeps us wrapped in our newlywed bubble!

Your new plan sounds absolutely fantastic though
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like you had a great California and Hawaii trip and a fabulous year coming up.

I love CBR we've stayed there twice before and are going back next year. I'm really excited to see it now the skyliner is running. It's my favourite moderate, we enjoyed POFQ this summer, and POR the year before, but CBR is my first love!

I hope your cruise planning goes well, I can't offer advice on that as we've not done a cruise before, Disney or otherwise. Fingers crossed your flights work out.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List