Notices

Old 5 Jun 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I did a lot of searching for the right villa for us and fingers crossed it is. Perfect size, looks lovely and the fact that we can walk to Applebee’s and a couple of bars sealed the deal. Can’t wait

Did you write a trip report?
No trip report sorry! But if you have any questions please holler 😁
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Good news. My bff has booked a trip to the mouse and we overlap for 6 days so hopefully we will be able to meet up. We only live a few minutes from each other and she now has a temporary job where I work so you would think we would be sick of each other but we have been friends for 43 years and aren’t yet She wasn’t going to go originally and is tied fully to school hols but she has had a bad time recently and her dH decided life is too short. She is going with her DD, DSIL and DGS and they are sharing an AOA villa but hopefully we won’t be too far away from each other. Really pleased for her as I was sad we were going and not her (we have been together a couple of times and met up last year).

In other breaking news...

I have caved and booked flights!

We are flying ...

On our favourite morning flight from Manchester. I have been keeping an eye on flight prices out from Virgin Holidays, Tui and Thomas Cook and was fully intending on waiting for all the prices to be released at 11 months out. I decided to drop Charter Travel an email to see what they could come up with and I had completely forgotten about it. Yesterday I had an email asking if I had got the quote sent a few weeks ago and what did I think of the price. The email must have been spammed so I emailed back. Graeham came back with a price of £2195 including intermediate suv and full insurance on the first flight from Manchester. Virgin Holidays wanted over £3600 for the same package. I know that price will come down direct from Virgin when the rest of the flights come out but that is the flight we have stuck to for the last 5 trips and we much prefer the journey from Manchester rather than Gatwick so booked with a £600 deposit. Very happy with that price and if we budgeted the car separately it means the flights are less than £600 each
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I’m on a roll now the flight is booked. I have sorted the hotel for the night before the flight. We live in Worcester and Manchester airport is about an hour and a half to 2 hours away. As we have earlier flight we don’t want to be leaving home at about 4am so the last 3 times we have stayed overnight and the holiday starts a day earlier

The first time we stayed over was at the Premier Inn in Handforth which is about 5 minutes from the airport and we thought it would be quieter there and it was. Next door to a Chef and Brewer and the food was good and not busy at all. The next time we stayed at the Radisson with a parking package in a business class room which had access to the lounge and drinks and canapés included. Loved it so we did the same last year.

Couldn’t decide what to do this year as the Radisson isn’t cheap so was looking at other options but once again decided on the Radisson. It is £278 including 15 nights parking and access to the lounge etc. Not sure if it includes breakfast this year as it doesn’t say so have emailed for confirmation. It is is not included we will either pay for it or go to Frankie and Benny’s. DH loves a buffet breakfast though and tbh, so do I.

Our previous visits to the lounge

Edited at 05:03 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

The hotel have come back to me and breakfast is not included in the room rate and is £12.95 each. It is worth it I think for that price but would have been better to have it included.

Old 8 Sep 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Another little update.

We would like a one night stay at a Disney hotel so have sort of booked a night at the Polynesian for Wednesday 4th September. We have paid $112 reservation fee to Dave’s Vacation Villas ready for them to source a booking at 11 months out so we should get confirmation in about a month’s time if successful. It does state there is a minimum point booking which we don’t reach so I used live chat to see if they would accept a booking for 1 night. They said they would do their best but can’t guarantee anything as it’s up to the owners but will let us know.

Fingers crossed.

Old 9 Sep 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

One night at the Poly... hmmmmm. Been looking at videos on You Tube and reading reviews on Easywdw. So much to do there. So have added on an extra night! May have told Dh that DVV came back and said they will only do a 2 night minimum

Old 6 Oct 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Update.

Dave’s Vacation Villas have come back to me as it’s now 11 months out. Unfortunately there is no availability for the Poly but they have some for Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk, Boulders Creek and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Decided to go for Boardwalk (even though I’m not overly keen on the clown slide) so waiting to hear back as they are trying to find someone to rent that few points

Old 8 Oct 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Dave's Vacation Villas have come back to me and have managed to secure the points for a 2 night stay at the Boardwalk. The cost was $510 (approx. £389) for a preferred view room and when I looked at the WDW website it was approx. £850 for standard view so I feel we got a good deal. Balance was payable straight away (less the deposit) and the WDW reference was issued along with the invoice. I logged onto MDE and the booking is already there and states it is a Boardwalk view which we are pleased about. Might be a bit noisy for the full 2 weeks there but perfect just for 2 nights.

So far so good with DVV

Old 15 Oct 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Charter Travel have sent through the Virgin booking reference so I have logged on to reserve our seats. We decided to go for the bubble which cost us £168. Booked row 78 on the way and 80 on the way back

Old 14 Dec 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Well it seems the Radisson is starting to cut corners, taking away the beer in the lounge until 5pm etc so we are actually downgrading our hotel to the Premier Inn at Handforth and booking separate parking. The hotel is £51 and the parking is looking like about £68 so it will cost £119 instead of £278 and the breakfast is just under £20 for the 3 of us. Doesn't include drinks and nibbles but we will go to the Chef and Brewer next door and have a meal and a couple of drinks and still be quids in. I do love the Radisson but not for £100+ more when you add everything up.