Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Aug 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile Should I trust Avis at Miami!?

We are due to return the car to Miami Avis tomorrow. If you read my post from 2 weeks ago you’ll know we had a terrible time with them! When we swapped the car over the manager said he’d refund us $50 which of course we are yet to see, however he also said that he’d give us a complimentary tank of fuel so to bring back empty. Now I’m worrying if we should? Our receipt says fuel 1/8 and when we left the barrier assistant confirmed this meant bring back empty but to be honest I have lost all trust in them. What would you do? I want to take back full as I have a horrible feeling I’ll get a nice bill for fuel when I get back. I’ve tried emailing them but haven’t had a response.
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

see if the print out from the guy that takes your car has the correct information on
GOOD LUCK
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

I returned our car to them last night.our fuel was not full when we took it and it was registered at 7/8. I was also worried as I could see charges that shouldn't have been there.

I pulled in and let them do their checks,the fuel was over 7\8 but only just.My total was 00.00 i shouldn't stress too much.let them do their thing and if the receipt they give you his not zero question if then,I am sure it will be fine.Good luck.
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
see if the print out from the guy that takes your car has the correct information on
GOOD LUCK
Thanks. I’m just worried by then it’ll be to late! 😬
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Thanks. I’m just worried by then it’ll be to late! 😬
It will not be to late, you actually can not do anything untill the get that return receipt at the garage.
As for trusting them, well I would say do not trust any rental company.
Check your receipt on returning the car and also make sure you keep it safe. you then need to watch your credit card statement for any charges that may pop up in the next 6 weeks.
If they do and you have a receipt for $0.00 then you are armed to contest them.

Do not forget though if you have used any toll roads and used the cashless lanes then you will see them charges hit your credit card.

Just get to the airport with enough time to check reciept and contest any charges should there be any.
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
It will not be to late, you actually can not do anything untill the get that return receipt at the garage.
As for trusting them, well I would say do not trust any rental company.
Check your receipt on returning the car and also make sure you keep it safe. you then need to watch your credit card statement for any charges that may pop up in the next 6 weeks.
If they do and you have a receipt for $0.00 then you are armed to contest them.

Do not forget though if you have used any toll roads and used the cashless lanes then you will see them charges hit your credit card.

Just get to the airport with enough time to check reciept and contest any charges should there be any.
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.

Arrive with enough time to fight any battle there and then. Battles from a distance are twice as hard.

Good luck.

As an aside I have an E Mail from the Manager at MCO giving me a free upgrade. It sits in my document wallet until I decide to use it. That may not be this year even but it's good evidence.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Will let you know how we get on.