Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First Look Inside Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

the highly anticipated attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will open on 5 December at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

When it opens, this harrowing adventure will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.

You will join the Resistance and depart from Batuu in a transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. Along the way, however, you will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer.

The action then ramps up as you seek to escape the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order – with the help of some heroes of the Resistance.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. The attraction is also one of the largest Disney has ever created. Its massive show building is a world unto itself, housing two full-size AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers – plus more thrills and surprises.

Large Image.
  • Guests will join the Resistance and depart from Batuu in a transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. However, on their way to the hidden base, guests are intercepted and taken prisoner by the First Order as their ship is drawn into the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer. The action then ramps up as guests seek to escape the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order.
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will bring guests face to face with some of their favorite Star Wars characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of the First Order.
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the largest attractions Disney has ever created. Its massive show building is a world unto itself, housing two full-sized AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers – plus more thrills and surprises.
  • Walt Disney Imagineering will combine multiple ride systems to tell the story of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. In one sequence, a new simulator experience will give the sensation to guests they are falling from space to crash land on Batuu.
  • During a portion of the experience, guests will race through a Star Destroyer in a trackless ride vehicle featuring an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.

concept art for ride

©Disney

Edited at 10:44 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Eeeeeeekkkkk

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Amazing!

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Wow thats amazing.

Does this mean the opening date has been delayed now until December ( sorry if I am missing something !
xx
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by steruth View Post
Wow thats amazing.

Does this mean the opening date has been delayed now until December ( sorry if I am missing something !
xx
It is only this ride which will not be open till December 5th, the rest of the land will open as scheduled on Thursday this week, with the other ride Millenium Falcon:Smugglers Run opening with the Land's opening on Thursday

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow thats amazing.

xx
Rise of the Resistance is the second ride to open in SWGE. Smugglers Run and everything else is still scheduled to open on the 29th August ie Thursday.
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow thats amazing.

xx
Nothing has been delayed.
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge officially opens this Thursday (29th)
There are two rides Smugglers run which opens on Thursday with the rest of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge and Rise of the Resistance which opens 5th December
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Can't wait, bit bummed it's not going to be open when we go in November although I'm hoping against hope for a soft opening!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I've said all along this will be amazing using some of the Shanghai Pirates' tech and a new trackless system. The queue (picture above is effectively the pre shows as I understand it) will also be on another level.
There's also a video doing the rounds showing some of the ride, I think its a realistic portrayal.
This is what will save Galaxys Edge from being a flop.
Just hope I can secure access at Christmas.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsPlovesGoofy
First POST

Mobile

Is anyone planning on queueing on Gen Admin ticket like my hubby? He is pondering whether to go for like 3am and queue
MrsPlovesGoofy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List