Notices

Old 25 Sep 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

Grannies on tour oct 2019

So here goes...

For our fourth trip to Orlando I thought I would try a trip report. Interspersed with cute dog photos as it is all I seem to have on iPad!

Background

Our love for Disney started when I took my 2 older ds’s to DLP. They were then 5 and 2 and now are 21, 18 and been joined by ds no 3 who is now 11. Our hearts will always belong to DLP and we have been I think about 15 times! Just got back from there 1 week ago after a short break with my friend and her dd.

However decided to have our once in a lifetime trip in 2014 with my boys and granny to Florida after an unexpected payout.Had an excellent time and have been back twice since on the dinning plan staying at SSR then AKL.

When the free dinning came out last yr I booked just for me and younger ds to go to CBR for oct 2019. My older sons being now at uni. I always thought I might be adding on my mum but then we discovered she had breast cancer and has had an awful yr of chemo, surgery and radiotherapy and hopefully now has the all clear. So invited her.

Then I had a heart to heart with ds about what he wanted to do- last time we just did Disney, and he said his main priorities were universal and discovery cove! With this in mind and the fact my mum has been unwell and I have had ongoing medical issues this yr and finances it was all change! Now villa booked (dibb) discovery cove and universal booked and going to be no Disney and more relaxed holiday.

However I couldn’t cope with no Disney so booked the halloweeen party then maybe the animal Kingdom after hours then ds really wanted to see Epcot so tonight book 1 day tickets there .

Then about a month ago my father in law died ( my husband and I split up a long time ago) and I know my mother in law has had a v difficult time so I invited her as well.

So now the party is me (mum 48) youngest ds (11) and granny 1(73) and granny 2 (71) hence grannies on tour.

My mum, me and ds fly Edinburgh- Philadelphia- MCO and granny 2 flies Norwich- Amsterdam-MCO and hopefully we all meet up and no one gets lost at MCO.

We stay 10 nights in dibb villa
Agenda so far
Day 1- recovering and shopping
Day2 epcot teppan edo
Day 3 ?
Day4 ?
Day5 discovery cove
Day 6? ?
Day7 Halloween party
Day8. ?
Day 9 animal kingdom in evening
Day 10 ?
In the ? Days we have tickets for universal to do and possibly sea world.

The we are going to beach for 3 nights to “treasure island” on east coast. Planning on trying to see some dolphins and maybe diving ( my ds learnt in the summer)

Then home ... to all our 4 legged friends
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds fab... we’ll be there at the same time! So kind of you to invite both grannies... enjoy 🌞🎢🎢