Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Oct 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
ADR list- too many repeat visits?

Last trip we went to

CRT lunch
Tuskers breakfast/lunch
Crystal Palace Lunch
Garden Grill Lunch
Ohana breakfast
Bon Voyage Breakfast
H and V fanstamic dinner
Teppen Edo dinner
SBD dinner

Next years lists currently reads as

CRT Lunch
GG lunch
Tuskers breakfast/Lunch
Teppen Edo dinner
SBD dinner
Chef Mickeys
Bon Voyage breakfast
Sci Fi lunch or dinner
Crystal Palace lunch
New Space Restaurant
We also will book BOG pre park opening breakfast and i fancy lunch for the french onion soup.

As you can see there is a lot of repetition. The kids love characters so we are v heavy on these. Everyone had different favorites last time that they want to repeat-
We also considered
Chef Mickeys has been added as the kids are keen to repeat from a previous trip. We did consider Akershus ( instead of CRT)- as enjoyed in the past- but we are heavy on Epcot meals as well and want to eat around the world too.
T Rex I was considered for theming for my 4 yr old but ruled out as poor reviews.
Sanaa was considered but off the beaten track and I suspect I'll pay OOP for the bread service and not want a main.
Considering Yak and Yeti- but we love QS at AK.
Ohana dinner appeals a littel- but I've senn lots poor reviews recently. Idon't want to wait 30-40 min to be seated then rushed through a meal- its also MK area which again we have a few already there
BOG dinner would be a good option if it wasn't 2 credits- seems ridiculous when SBD is only 1

So do you repeat a lot of the same restaurants every trip? Part of me feels its a shame not to try new ones but then why not go for what we like.
We tend to like our TS at lunch to break up the day so park restaurants are easier. We won't have a car.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

We revisit a few restaurants each time. We like trying new ones but for us they’re old favourites & we enjoy going back to them, knowing that even if we found the other TS meals lacking we had these to look forward to whether that be because of the food, atmosphere or characters 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Mobile

I have this same dilemma. I think repeat your favourites and throw in a couple of new ones.

I want to try some new ones, but I then sacrifice them, as I think my kids would prefer ones we have been to (which are mainly for the characters)
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

My list for next year has a couple of my faves from last time but mostly new ones. I want to try as much as Disney has to offer
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

We do a mix of old and new, but we’re quite fussy eaters so sticking with things I know we’ll like restricts our choices. A couple of suggestions, if you like the restaurant have you considered doing a different meal there, so either breakfast or dinner instead of lunch. Secondly, have you considered 1900 park fare for somewhere new. I would rate this over chef mickeys, both to vary your characters whilst dining and for its superior food quality (we thought CM was ok but not worth repeating).
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

I might repeat one or two, but I would want the majority to be new places.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Just go where you want to go. What other people do shouldn't come into it. Your holiday, your meals.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We enjoyed Cape May (breakfast with characters and dinner without) and also 1900 Park Fare - lovely food and thenugly sisters were hilarious!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I agree with the other posts...if you like it and the kids like it why not go back?

My preference is to try new restaurants, but of course we've got some that we love and really want to go back to so we've all picked our favourite restaurant to return to next year and then the rest will all be new places.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Some great choices there for family meals , great food and memories . The character mertd are a big thing for little ones and you’ll remember that more than a steak you ate! T. rex is fab especially if you are 4! Yes it’s noisy ( surprise it’s meant to be and it’s visual and it’s mainly for kids ) . Chef mickeys is a great choice , nice food , yes noisy but again it’s aimed at kids . My kids preferred the furry characters to the people characters if you know what I mean .
It’s all about the memories 💞
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List