Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Monorail Crawl

Looking for new things to do on our next trip we haven’t done before and we want to visit some of the other resorts and spend some time at them to see what they are like. We already have plans to visit Animal Kingdom lodge to look around and eat at Boma so want to visit some others.

We are staying at the Beach Club so have reasonably easy access to the monorail so we are going to spend and afternoon / evening / night, after visiting Blizzard Beach and dropping off water park stuff back at our room, doing a monorail round trip to the Contemporary, Poly and Grand Floridian. We have never done the monorail and this seems like a good excuses.

Going to grab snacks, look around, get drinks in the bars and have a meal and do / see anything whats there to be done. Watched a few YouTube videos as this seems to be a “thing” people do.

We usually leave water parks around midday when its start getting busy so I reckon we will be ready to start around 3pm.

Just wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions on things to see and do at each of the resorts. We are 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 6).

We already have plans to eat one evening at Californian Grill and breakfast at 1900 but these will be whistle stop visits and won’t have time to look around so please don’t suggest visiting these as they are already on the plans.

So for each resort if people could suggest the following:
  • Best place to eat
  • Best place to grab snacks
  • Best place to drink (Mummy and Daddy drinks )
  • Fun things you can do at the resorts
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I might be a Debbie downer (I just read that on another thread) but is the monorail really that easy from the Beach Club? I would consider it nowhere close.

We decided to do a monorail crawl on our recent trip, admittedly for an evening, it was a total bust. The queue for Trader Sams was over two hours, the bar at Grand Floridian is shut, obviously you do not want to eat at every resort, so there was nothing to do other than look around shops selling the same merchandise, other than at the Contemporary.

Edited at 02:38 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh poo...

Hmmmm maybe not a great idea then. Might just visit the poly and do Ohanas and the shack bar
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i found travelling on the monorail, despite low crowds very slow and uncomfortable in early september this year. I can't imagine that this would be very fun. Disney seem to take forever these days getting people on and off.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

OK I am out thanks for stopping me making a mistake

Edited at 04:39 PM.
Old 5 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We had a great time, started off at the Contempary Resort looking for the five legged goat and having a drink at the QS place whilst watching the monorail
collinsrace1.wordpress/2...porary-resort/

ETA

We made our way back to the Polynesian, the children had a pineapple dole float and adults a drink at the bar.
We then made our way to the G.F QS Gasparillas and sat outside eating our meal in time to watch the MK fireworks, then back inside for a drink

Edited at 04:58 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We had a meal last week in the Poly (Kona Cafe) then went across to the GF and enjoyed a beer sat outside Gasparilla Grill. You can walk between these two resorts so maybe just do the two? I agree the monorail is slow and quite frustrating as a method of travel unless you're doing express straight to MK.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I think for us half the fun was riding the Monorail, we were in no real hurry. The children really enjoyed it.
Old 5 Oct 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Hmmm... Food for thought thanks
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
avabear
Helping Mickey

There are also the boat options, not fast but really enjoyable, and a change from the monorail! And you could include the WL too. We’re going to do something similar, the resorts are fun to explore if you have the time.
avabear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List