Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ask17 View Post
Thank you for replying! Every time I’ve checked it’s still at the £700+ mark with Alamo, that’s on the uk Alamo, is the Us Alamo working out cheaper?
That price is with Virgin Atlantic as a stand alone hire. Nothing to do with flights etc etc.

You need to be checking all the usual suspects such as
Netflights
uscarhire
usrentacar
Andy who advertises on here
carflexi
Auto Europe

And the list goes on and on. Don't check Alamo USA website as that gives prices for the car but it's uninsured.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jt37
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by ask17 View Post
Sorry to jump on but what is the average price for hiring suv for 2weeks in July? We are going next year and looking at prices and it’s coming in at £720+ which I’m thinking it’s really expensive?
Just paid £530 for 17 days in August for intermediate suv with Budget at DFCH so can amend foc. Budget include spouse to drive with no additional charge. HTH.
Jt37 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ask17
New Poster (5)

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
That price is with Virgin Atlantic as a stand alone hire. Nothing to do with flights etc etc.

You need to be checking all the usual suspects such as
Netflights
uscarhire
usrentacar
Andy who advertises on here
carflexi
Auto Europe

And the list goes on and on. Don't check Alamo USA website as that gives prices for the car but it's uninsured.

Thank you so much! Just had a wee look on virgin car hire and saw prices for £471 suv, feeling less panicky now with the prices!
ask17 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
woomeister
Dancing with Tink'

DFCH is roughly 15% more than Alamo Brits right now. We are going in December and I've checked prices daily for 2 months now and prices are highly volatile, partly due to the exchange rate bouncing up and down. We are hiring a standard SUV and Alamo Brits is roughly £390 whereas DFCH is £450 for the same car. So the moral of the story is to check all of them regularly.
woomeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
junpit
VIP Dibber

Unbelievable. £800 for 20 days next August at DFCH. No way!
Saratoga Springs (2013)Marriott Courtyard - LBV (2011)
Clarion Inn - LBV (2009)Quality Inn Plaza x 4 (2002 - 2007)
Best Western Plaza (2000)
junpit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

I look at car hire prices every day as we travel 3 times a year, managed to get a convertible for 51 days next Easter for £2000 that includes extra drivers and free tank of fuel.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireB
Imagineer

ClaireB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I’ve booked with us rent a car, ended up at 614 for intermediate suv for 22 Days with 2 drivers they also have 5 off a week so wentjust below 600 in total 😊
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

I’ve booked an intermediate SUV with Hertz via Costco for 13 days in July, price was £327 all inc, inc extra driver. Booked last month and price is £3 cheaper today. We aren’t picking up at airport as staying at Disney so getting the magical express to hotel. Worth giving them a look, you do need to be a member, and it’s £30/year, but looking at prices people are quoting it may be worth it.
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Meb View Post
I’ve booked an intermediate SUV with Hertz via Costco for 13 days in July, price was £327 all inc, inc extra driver. Booked last month and price is £3 cheaper today. We aren’t picking up at airport as staying at Disney so getting the magical express to hotel. Worth giving them a look, you do need to be a member, and it’s £30/year, but looking at prices people are quoting it may be worth it.
Do you know how much additional drivers would cost? And is the rental cancelable for free?
Thx
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

One driver is included as standard, at a guess I would say you have to add more drivers when you pick up car. I think additional drivers were priced @$16/day on hertz website. You can cancel up to 3/2 days before without penalty. There is a faq on the website (google Costco car hire)
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List