sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Day 5 - Magic Kingdom & Disney Springs

The dining report for today is here.

This is another photo light day.

This was originally planned as a slightly later start with the first FP of the day at 8.40am. Yes I know, that’s not late! I had Be Our Guest booked for 10am, then moved it to 9am after EEMH announced then moved it again to 8am thinking we’d be up early then cancelled when we decided we needed a longer lie.
I woke at 5.17am but was still tired so went back to sleep and got up about 7.30. We had coffee and muffins in the room while getting ready and headed out to MK about 8.45am. That gave us 55 minutes to get to Splash Mountain.

We were parked in Simba and since they’ve moved the tram stop while they do some work around the T&TC we just walked. Bag check wasn’t bad and there was a ferry sitting so we just got that across.

We headed straight to Splash Mountain and got there with 5 minutes to spare. We could see as we passed that Big Thunder Mountain was down and that was our next FP but we kept our fingers crossed. Unfortunately that didn’t help and as we got off we got the message that we now had a multi-use FP as BTM was down.

We headed to Adventureland thinking this was a good time to get spring rolls but the cart wasn’t open yet so we got Dole Whip instead. Marie got pineapple and I got raspberry and pineapple swirl. Both pineapple floats. We sat nearby to eat them and while we were there Aladdin came over the wee boy at the table next to us and said something about his Dole Whip melting.

We decided to use our multi-use FP on Haunted Mansion and on the way got a notification that 7 Dwarfs Mine Train was also down and we had a multi-use for that.
I tried to take photos but they’re rubbish.

By the time we came off HM and wandered round to 7DMT it was just back up and running so we used our FP to ride it.

Some random Fantasyland pictures.

The park felt quite busy. I think probably because it was one of the few non-party nights and I think it was evening EMH. I've made a note for next year to avoid MK those days!

In the queue I made another FP for Under the Sea and after tapping in to that made one for Buzz Lightyear. We hadn’t been to Storybook Circus yet so decided to use that path to Tomorrowland and look in the big shop there. Of course the path from there to Tomorrowland is closed due to Tron construction so we had to back track and go in the other end.

We rode Buzz making a FP for Space Mountain in the queue. We don’t normally ride this as we find it a bit jolty but we hadn’t done it for years so I suggested we give it a try. We decided to have lunch first so I moved the FP on an hour so we’d have time for lunch to settle.

We went to Cosmic Rays as it was close. Marie had chilli cheese fries and I had a foot long hot dog with mac n cheese on top.
After lunch we did Carousel of Progress and the People Mover to let lunch settle before Space Mountain. While in the queue I made a FP for Barnstormer.

After Space Mountain we left Tomorrowland and went round to ride Barnstormer. Marie says we’re not doing this again as we were squashed in and it lasts 30 seconds. Well it is a kids ride!
We left after this having a wee look in the Main St shop on the way out.
Saw these for the dog .

We decided to give the Character Warehouse another go and headed straight to the Premium Outlets on Vineland. There was no queue this time but it was clear there was nothing decent in it. I really struggled to find in decent womans clothing as it all seemed to be mens or unisex which might as well be mens.

We went back to the resort before dinner and chilled with a cup of tea watching Ellen.

We had decided on DS for dinner again and left just after 5. We agreed on the way that if Polite Pig was quiet when we passed we’d go there and it was. We really enjoyed this – I had salmon and Marie had chicken. I would definitely eat here again.
We had a browse in some shops. I treated myself to a Laura Mercier lipstick that was exactly the colour I’d been looking for. I also got my niece a couple of things. We bought some tops in Disney Style and looked in the Star Wars and Marvel shops although they were disappointing.

We had some tea and finished the pie in the room and packed a bag for the Dolphin tomorrow.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:22 PM.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I thought mk looked farily quiet in your photos. It must be a real pain having to plan around the party times and make sure you've got MK on a day that's good for your plans and you're not going to be having to leave early.

I'm looking forward to see how you got on at the dolphin.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I thought mk looked farily quiet in your photos. It must be a real pain having to plan around the party times and make sure you've got MK on a day that's good for your plans and you're not going to be having to leave early.

I'm looking forward to see how you got on at the dolphin.
I suppose it’ll all relative, we had been during EEMH when it was lovely and quiet.
The annoying thing is that I know that MK is busier on non-party days but I had rearranged things after we booked the Dolphin and didn’t really think. It definitely wasn’t unmanageable as you can see.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Great day. We're normally end of June/July visitors so are used to peak summer crowds. Next year our dates are 25 August to 10 September. Just wondering what dates your report covered please.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Great day. We're normally end of June/July visitors so are used to peak summer crowds. Next year our dates are 25 August to 10 September. Just wondering what dates your report covered please.
The 13th to 28th September so a bit later.

Trip Report Index
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

We went from the 13th to the 28th of September
Old 12 Oct 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It's a pain when the parks are busy isn't it. We only went for 1 day in May and I'm sure it was the busiest day we choose ... you could barely walk past the carousel as it was so packed so I know exactly how you felt.

Another lovely day xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It's a pain when the parks are busy isn't it. We only went for 1 day in May and I'm sure it was the busiest day we choose ... you could barely walk past the carousel as it was so packed so I know exactly how you felt.

Another lovely day xx
It’s one of the reasons we never do the fireworks, I hate how busy the park is at that time.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another really nice day... I was so pleased to see a picture from Carousel of Progress, I love it! It's a shame you found it a bit busier than you would have liked and that some of the rides were down, but the anytime FP's always come in handy.

Lovely evening at Disney Springs. The Polite Pig is on my list for this year, everyone seems to like it so I think we should give it a try. It sounds like you picked up a few things in the Disney Springs shops as well .

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Another really nice day... I was so pleased to see a picture from Carousel of Progress, I love it! It's a shame you found it a bit busier than you would have liked and that some of the rides were down, but the anytime FP's always come in handy.

Lovely evening at Disney Springs. The Polite Pig is on my list for this year, everyone seems to like it so I think we should give it a try. It sounds like you picked up a few things in the Disney Springs shops as well .
I love Carousel of Progress! I think they should have a sing along version!

Polite Pig is definitely worth a visit.

Trip Report Index