Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cmnw00734
I have Ears

Booking Fast-Pass 60-90 days in advance

All,
Just a note of warning that just because you are staying onsite at Disney does not guarantee you getting those hard to get fast-passes. We are going to Florida this December(1-14th), I thought if I logged in at exactly 60 days and at 12Pm our time I would be able to get all the fast passes , unfortunately I was wrong. It would appear that guests staying onsite with club level are able to purchase a further option allowing them an extra three and and extra 30 days onto of the 60 days. I for one was not aware of this until I googled this . Has anyone else come across this?
cmnw00734 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm pretty sure this is common knowledge for tier 1 fast passes regardless if it's 60/30 days, or am I missing something?

Those tier 1 fast passes are like gold dust.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

I did not know this! Kind of makes me think why would I pay the premium to stay on site and get myself into the 60 day window if i still can't get the fast passes? if im not going to get them i may as well stay off site and pocket the moolahs myself.
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, I knew this. I read about it on the Dibb last year - I think that's when it was introduced. Not every club level guest is going to fork out the extra cash for the 3 extra FPs and 90 day access though so I doubt that's affecting the availability. It's more likely to be (surely?) that December is a busy time of year and so it's all the guests staying for 7-10+ days onsite who have booked up the FPs. If you're staying onsite for the whole of your 1-14 December stay, I can see plenty of availability for the hard to get FPs (which I'd class as SDD, FOP and SDMT) but unfortunately it's all in the second week, nothing in the first week. That's still better than nothing though and you can keep checking the FP availability in the hopes more will come free in your first week - it did for us. We got extra FOP fast passes fairly near to our stay I seem to recall.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It does mention that on the FP+ availability thread...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=835236

There aren't many to be fair that are not available at 60+15. As you can book 14 days of FP+ at 60 days before check in. I cannot see a single one that would not be available even if you were only staying 7 nights.

Edited to add: I have just checked and everything is available at 62 days. So I cannot see why you cannot book everything you want.

Edited at 01:29 PM.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
It does mention that on the FP+ availability thread...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=835236

There aren't many to be fair that are not available at 60+15. As you can book 14 days of FP+ at 60 days before check in. I cannot see a single one that would not be available even if you were only staying 7 nights.

Edited to add: I have just checked and everything is available at 62 days. So I cannot see why you cannot book everything you want.
I think the OP must be staying offsite for the first week (either that or they've miscalculated their 60 day window) as if they are, their 60 day window should have opened last week (OP says they are staying 1-14 Dec) and so the FPs in the first week of Dec are fully booked because everyone else has used their 60 day opener to book FPs. But agree, they're all available in the second week of OP's stay so get booking quick!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Plus I doubt many club level guests actually pay the extra $50 per person per day (They have to pay for all days of their stay) to get the extra time as it is not really needed.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cmnw00734
I have Ears

Thanks for the prompt replies, unfortunately because it is my birthday we as a family are only staying one night at animal kingdom lodge and was hoping to get those gold dust fast passes over the two days, it makes a lot of sense thinking about it, for those staying several days or a fortnight that their choice spans from day one till their last day. so i presume you can get 60 days plus depending on your length of stay . I can remember going early in December and it not being that busy, perhaps with the opening of Galaxy's Edge has swelled numbers. It does not bode well when it comes to my 30 day window though!
I for one do not think think the fast pass system is working, especially if you are staying off-site no matter what time of year you go. Rant over now to enjoy the rest of the planning (@:
cmnw00734 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cmnw00734 View Post
Thanks for the prompt replies, unfortunately because it is my birthday we as a family are only staying one night at animal kingdom lodge and was hoping to get those gold dust fast passes over the two days, it makes a lot of sense thinking about it, for those staying several days or a fortnight that their choice spans from day one till their last day. so i presume you can get 60 days plus depending on your length of stay . I can remember going early in December and it not being that busy, perhaps with the opening of Galaxy's Edge has swelled numbers. It does not bode well when it comes to my 30 day window though!
I for one do not think think the fast pass system is working, especially if you are staying off-site no matter what time of year you go. Rant over now to enjoy the rest of the planning (@:
Ah right, unfortunately then I'm not surprised by your predicament. I think when people only have 1 night onsite you're extremely unlikely to get the hard to get FPs at the 60 day window - you usually have to book those later on into a longer onsite stay. Keep an eye on the brilliant FP Availability tool on this site and you may get lucky - check it a couple of times a day if you can.

Has the rule changed for FP bookings when doing a split stay? Last time I paid attention to this (2018) you would have been able to book FPs at 60 days on the night of your stay and then, on a rolling 1 day basis for each night you were then offsite but with valid park tickets. From what you've said above, it sounds like that's changed now?

Yep, enjoy the rest of the planning! I bet WDW at Christmas time will be amazing. I'd love to see it then.
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I think it’s fairly common knowledge now that a single night stay isn’t enough to get the really difficult FP. However that really only applies to FOP, SDD and SDMT. Everything else is usually available. Part of the issue with a one night stay is that you only have a total of 6 fast passes bookable at 60 days, so of course you can’t do everything.

Personally I feel the system is ok. It’s right really that it rewards onsite guests - that is what you pay for and makes business sense for Disney as they want people filling their hotel rooms and making them money. However offsite guests still get the opportunity to book fast passes - unlike with Universal’s system. And in truth, the vast majority of rides have good availability at 30 days and availability the day before or day of. It’s natural to fixate on the popular rides, but without fast pass at all they’d still be popular and still difficult to get on.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List