Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Oct 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

The cheek of some people...

As some will know, I'm a lawyer. A few times I've given very basic, generic advice in response to posts on here and occasionally I do the same for close friends. I don't advertise being a lawyer in my personal life - I use my married name personally and my maiden name professionally, so only those in my circle of friends and family know what I do.

Hubby and I are in a running group. We run with different people though, as he's much faster than me. He has had a Facebook message from a chap he sometimes runs with this afternoon, saying he needs to speak to "your missus" cos he needs some legal advice and asking if he can phone me this evening

I've seen this person a couple of times but never spoken to him. I genuinely cannot believe the cheek of someone who has never spoken to me disturbing us on a Sunday afternoon so I can do them a favour for free? Puts my husband in an awkward position as well, as I've said no, he can clear off.

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable, but I'm absolutely raging and I had to let it out somewhere!
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Not unreasonable at all
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd agree to the phone call but point out you need him to transfer money into your account at £50 per 15 mins prior to phone call 🤣
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Just get hubby to give him the work number it will say office closed or whatever and he can go through reception in the morning properly and arrange an appointment. Cheeky get
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am sorry but I don't see why the outrage, you don't know yet what he is going to ask it might just be can you recommend someone to help with blah blah blah.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I am sorry but I don't see why the outrage, you don't know yet what he is going to ask it might just be can you recommend someone to help with blah blah blah.
Hubby went back and said what is it for, and he said I want some legal advice from her.
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

I would not be happy either, why do people think you can give free advice and disturb your time with your family. He can contact you in work and work time.
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Maybe your husband has told him you are a lawyer - you don’t know the conversations he has had.

The person may be at their wits end with an issue and may just want steering in the right direction

Edited at 05:39 PM.
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I dont think there is a need to be raging but I can understand being annoyed.
Ask your hubby to pass on your office number and then have a brief chat with him when he calls, explain that you are not able to provide free advice but can give him a list of lawyers that would be suited to his needs.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you know he wants it for free, did he say so. If you feel strongly about him phoning you at home, ask hubby to pass on a business card. If could be he only wants to know if it's something he needs proper legal advice on or a pointer in the right direction.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List