Notices

Old 8 Jul 09, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

"So you're really all still going?" '08 Trippie: Intro

First of all I’m going to give you a little intro to the people coming along on this trip s’always easier once there are faces to names.

Okay firstly this is my mum (Christine - as I’ll try to refer to her during the trippie as I feel use of the word “Mummy” detracts from my hard hitting journalist style of writing… ahem.):

I get the feeling she doesn’t much like me taking photos when she eats and after half a dozen photos like this you probably will too.
Okay so mum is 45, and she’s the manager of an operating theatre and I believe there’s occasionally some kind theatre nursing involved in that job, either that or she just really enjoys wearing the daft outfit everyday.
She loves Disney but in a laid back ‘doesn’t feel the need to turf up tid bits of Disney trivia everyday for 11 months between booking and departure’ kinda way.

Secondly this is my Dad (Paul):

Dad is 46 and “thinks” he’s the Chief Disney Planner, but let’s face it I’m the one with all the bright ideas – I only keep him around ‘cos he can work booking forms and plus, he has the credit card.
Dad loves Disney and was the main driving force behind our first trip back in 1999. I can seriously remember him blocking doorways in the house and not letting me pass until I could tell him the address of our hotel, or the construction dates of some rides. (Bear in mind that I was eight at the time people! ). Dad’s also a long time Dibber (Lobey), he doesn’t post that much though just kind of lurks around. So yes it’s probably fair to say that I inherited my Disney madness from him: Wow Disney obsession, chubby fingers and tiny feet. Gee, thanks Dad.

Thirdly, this is my little sister Jenna (I photograph her when she’s asleep because it’s the safest, and funniest, time.):

Okay so Jenna is 15 (almost) and loves Disney (but only when she’s there). In the months prior to our trips she’ll be found hiding the Disney DVDs, avoiding meals with the family and scratching my Theme Park Music CDs. But once she gets there (once the jet lag has had oh about a week to wear off) she really does enjoy it.

And lastly there’s me (look at me with my hard core bag mule look):

I’m 17 and an absolute Disney nut and okay I suppose once in a blue moon I may go on about it slightly. (As you can no doubt already tell I was totally one of the cool kids in school. Ahem).
Fortunately I’ve left school and started studying art at college last autumn to become an art teacher in the long run (well that’s what I tell people anyway, it’s really all preparation for becoming an Imagineer someday but YOU try saying that in a college interview!)

Okay so that’s us! Now I guess I should explain the title to you, unfortunately it isn’t the happiest of tales:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away (A.K.A Ayrshire around May) my parents decided to split up. (Gee I bet they’ll be dead chuffed I managed to work a Star Wars reference into explaining the demise of their 20 year marriage).
Anyway my Dad moved out May 8th and life went on (painfully). However we already had this trip booked, planned and (most importantly) paid for. So pretty early on my parents and I decided we still wanted to go and since both my parents love Disney (and I’m sure spending time with Jenna and I… right guys? Guys?) they agreed they were just going to have to tough it out. Jenna was however not quite so sure (nice safe diplomatic wording of that sentence there. Translation: She was going ape $@!& at any mention of the holiday) However after the threat of 2 and a half weeks at Grandmas house instead sunk in she consented to accompany us (grudgingly).
However as our departure date (June 26th) loomed closer excitement was kinda buried under some other not so great emotions. Nevertheless our will (i.e. my pleading) was strong and we persevered with the planning and mandatory “excited” discussions and in the end we made it.

(Gee is it just me or does this holiday already sound like it’s not going to be very relaxing?)

Well tune in next time folks for the all important “Day Before”.

Edited at 11:55 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report.
RT7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Looking forward to reading the rest of it. I like your style and want to know if all four of you come home or if your sister is buried out there somewhere!

Sara
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Loved reading this! Can't wait to find out how the holiday went!

xx
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LynzeeMcK
Excited about Disney

Great reading so far, looking forward to the rest.
LynzeeMcK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great pre trippie, looking forward to reading more.
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

great report...cant wait for more...
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

Great start! really enjoyed reading this and looking forward to the rest. Okay, so it might not be a conventional trip, but I bet you all have fun!
Old 8 Jul 09, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A great start, very funny style of writing. Looking forward to reading more.
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
im assuming this was last june?

Nic & Fred Present... ALL OUR TRIP REPORTS
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List