Notices

Old 27 Nov 10, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
well... everything has been a bit slow for the past month, but am hoping to book my flights next Friday! fingers crossed that the airmiles work out!

Forgot to say, we managed to get 2 suitcases from EBay, they are fab, Tripp ones in Aubergine, only used once! £79 each new got the 2 for £50!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 10, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab start... look forward to reading more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 10, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Hi,
How about getting a little bag started for the girls for the flight? Colouring books,stickers etc.
Take some sandwich bags from home,also plastic spoons for yogurts etc, to decant larger bags of food you buy when in orlando to take to the parks,you can take food into most parks.
I personally find the food in the parks expensive & not always child friendly( sugary)..We are here at the moment and have been taking small quantities of food in with no problem.
Buy suntan lotion in the UK now as it's always cheaper in the winter and it usually has good best before dates.
I always set up a small first aid kit buying a few things at a time as I find it's better to use the things you know work & can trust from home.
I know this might sound like common sense but I make lists as well!
Hope some of this can help you out.
have a great time.x
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 10, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

hi that goes for me 2 i make loads of lists my dh thinks i am off my head and way to orgonised lol , just enjoy all the planning xx dawn
Old 3 Dec 10, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Morning all! So excited I have just booked our flights!
I have been monitoring the airmiles sight like a hawk and had earmarked today as the DAY! - Don't listen to them when they tell you flights are released 11 months in advance it is actually more like 10 months and 14 days lol!
So we (Me, Hubby, DD1, DD2, Grandma and Grandad) are booked to fly from Gatwick on Fri 4th Nov - returning Orlando Fri 18th Nov. I used a combination of miles and money from saving Tesco clubcard points - which enabled me to get 2 completely free flights - DD1 and DD2 for £275 each and discounts of Grandma and Grandads flights, I also paid £35 for the airmiles only protection.
Total costs for 6 flights and airmiles protection = 19000 airmiles and £1410 - am so pleased! As was really worried I would hae saved all the airmiles and not been able to get the flights.
So... Completed jobs are
Accommodation -- Free through Gradma and Grandads timeshare
Carhire - Booked with cars on the drive £560 - could have got a bit cheaper but liked the thought of the pickups
Flights x 6 booked - £1410

To do
Park tickets - going for the MYW 10 day with Orlando Attractions - Just keeping an eye on exchange rate
Seaworld/busch/Aquatica - tickets
Holiday Insurance
Hotel in Gatwick

Anything else I have missed?
I have put about $250 dollars on the Fairfx card so far too - mostly when the rate hit $1.60!

WOOHOOO!

redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 10, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

great start with the dollars... im already putting dollars on mine..even though we are not planning on going until 2012-13..
Old 4 Dec 10, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Siffy
Imagineer

Fantastic news. Your saving of airmiles paid off. Also, a really good idea loading up your spending money card.
Siffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
afternoon all! Hope you all had a fab Christmas.
This week I have been pricing up airport parking and hotel stay prior to the flight, after research on the Dibb I was all ready to book the acorn Lodge which would have been £118 for the hotel for family of 4 and 16 days parking, but my money saving ideas got the better of me and I managed to get a £9 room in the travelodge sale. Looking now at seperate car parking with APH which at the moment is £56

The girls had their Trunkiis for Christmas and absolutely loved them, they have been testing them out!
I think I will book our disney tickets this week as there is going to be a VAT rist and Mrs Orlando also says their prices are going to rise after Dec 31st so think its time to bite the bullet.
Then the job for Jan is travel insurance, I got airmiles cover through airmiles so just need to cover the rest of the holiday, any recommendations would be greatly received!

Old 29 Dec 10, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I've booked travel insurance with AA for last couple and the next holidays...not the cheapest but good value for the cover you get...I have also booked flights with airmiles and I'm just off to check out the cover you mentioned above...I've also just bought 10 day MYW tickets from Orlando Attractions with my $ Fairfx card (so no conversion)...
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
sounds like we have similar ideas Juliemack x