Notices

Old 29 Dec 10, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Have just seen that you have booked your flights! Same countdown as we have just a different airport! I also managed to get a travelodge room this morning, just not quite as cheap - still £19.50 for the night was ok by me! Good luck with the planning! x x
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
where you flying form Taran? and who you flying with etc etc?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 10, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kenziekoo View Post
where you flying form Taran? and who you flying with etc etc?
We're flying with Virgin from Manchester Airport, i think its around a 10am flight out on the 4th November! soooooooo excited! x
taran_j is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 10, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
lol we are flying from gatwick at 11.40! see you there! x fly back on 18th at 18.30!

redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, I've signed up to the Groupon Orlando website and was just wondering if anyone had used them for the offers and if they had any problems?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 11, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
update!
Well... ordered disney 10 day magic your way from Orlando Attractions $258 for adults and $233 for children, worked out about £640 i think so that wasn't too bad and wanted to get them before any price rises and vat increase etc, they arrived this week. Great service from Orlando Attractions with email updates throughout the order. Am going to keep my eye on Seaworld offers throughout the year and wait for a bargain! We have decided to give Universal a miss this time as I think my girls are too young (3 & 6 when we travel)
Does anyone have a view on Busch gardens? My gut reaction is that it may not be worth it this time as the girls won't be able to go on much.
I think I will be getting Mickeys Christmas Party Tickets and Wishes desert party too!
I want it to be as magical as possible without breaking the bank, hopefully we will benefit form some of the Christmas things given we are there until the 18th Nov? anyone know for sure?
We were given 2 large suitcases for Christmas (which we got from ebay, see previous posts) We probably need to think about getting a couple more as the others we have are the hard heavy plastic type (might sell them off on ebay)
Lol.. I am laughing as I type as my husband is sitting on the floor with his t shirt off and my two little girls are painting him with early learning paint! I think I need to upgrade my account so I can post pics lol!
Anyway back to it...
I have been looking into insurance and think we are going to go with AA, not the cheapest but seems like a really good level of cover, this is soo important my parents had to cancel their holiday this week due to ill health and good insurance has proved invaluable!
Alongside my holiday plans is my hope to slim down before we go so I can aquire a new wardrobe from Florida so I joined slimming world last week and lost 4.5 lb in week one so far so good!

Old 15 Jan 11, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi loving you pre trippie well done on the weight loss that's fab for your first week! Re Busch Gardens, I wouldn't recommend for 3 & 6 yr olds, my son was 8 when we went and couldn't go on a lot of the rides. Although there are a few for kids I don't think the cost or the travelling was worth it for us.
We are definitely going this year as my son will be 11!

Lisa x
Old 15 Jan 11, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
taran_j
slightly serious Dibber

Morning Kenzie,

Well done on your weightloss! that is fab x x I've been a ww girl til now, but not liking their new propoints so i will be joining slimming world on Thursday too! Good luck with this week x

We went to Busch gardens in 2007, but to be honest its a long way to go and the animal side of things is no where near as good as animal kingdom, and the rides are big, so probably not so good for little ones! We're not going back this year.

There are a number of things on when out there - Epcot Food & Wine festival is on, from memory i don't think seaworld Xmas stuff starts, but certainly the disney bits are - the Osbourne Lights in Disney Hollywood Studios is supposed to be lovely! and try googling ICE aswell.

Enjoy your planning x x x
Old 15 Jan 11, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi, just a quick note on the sea world tickets, florida escapes have the best price at the moment for the three for two which gives you busch gardens free, as for travel insurance, moneysupermarket does a good price comparison search for you, got mine through them with debenhams essentials, hope this helps?
Old 15 Jan 11, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pologeorge
Excited about Disney

Just an idea for more money saving tips. Have you looked at the kids eat free cards. We got them last year for kids under 11 for £10 each made quite a good saving when we used the all you can eat places like Ponderosa Mcdonalds etc .I think we got them from undercover tourist or orlando ticket deals. Hope this helps

Oct 08 GLENBROOK VILLA
Oct 10 CALABAY PARC VILLA
Feb 13 SANDY RIDGE VILLA
pologeorge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List