Old 4 Aug 13, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
:) "Lucy & Gavin's" Magical Disneymoon Pre-trippy for nov/Dec 2014

Hello my Dibbing friends!

After not being very good at doing a trip report this year... basically I wrote a diary of travel day and day 1 then never went back to do it again. Epic fail as really regretting it now

Oh well I will be doing one next time for definite! as you can see it will be the Disneymoon so will be wanting to look back on the 'Magical Memories' forever

Soooooooooo here I go with the Pre-trippy!

My name is Lucy - I am 25 and my life is Disney I'm sure like most of you Dibbers out there lol. I dont no aboutt you guys but it just makes me feel happy inside when i think of the "WORLD" I amm a Medical Receptionist/Secretary at a Drs surgery. I drive everyone crazy with talking about Disney at least once every day hehe. I don't care what they think I'm not doing any harm am I. They all think im crazy spending all my money on a holiday. I just say you will never understand if you have never been! I think, I think about Disney at least once in every hour of the day lol.

My favourite character is Minnie Mouse. I love Mickey Waffles. My fav park is MK and I love love love wishes ❤❤❤❤

My Hubby to be is Gavin he is 31. He is a Farmer, he works long hours but on the days when I'm lonely I just think of the Disney Pennies he is earning he is a new Disney World Fan. After months of me asking if we could book he finally gave in and let me book our 1st trip together for Jan/Feb this year. I was really kind as I booked it so he could celebrate his 31st Birthday whilst there . I was rather worried in the build up to the hols as he never really got excited an I thought what if he hates it... I need not or worried as he absolutely loved it, I actually think more than me lol!

His favourite charactor is 'Ariel' oh and Simba! His Fav park is Animal Kingdom and he loves American Ribs and Steak ❤❤❤

The proposal!
Soooo whilst we were there this year he did the best an most Magical proposal he could of done, he proposed one evening after the illuminations at Epcot. It was the best moment of my life. ( it had to be on the night I WAS LOOKING MY SCRUFFIEST oh well not to worry lol)
He even did it with a cheap ring and told me he had brought some secret Dollars, so I could choose my own ring over there Perrrrrrrfect❤

Here is the beauty

I couldn't wait to get this

So we came back on top of the world from the best holiday with the best ending. I left Dibbing for a few months as I I just had to much of the holiday blues to even think about it.

I finally came around after booking our Wedding for the Sunday 25th May 2014! ( we wanted the 25th as its the number of both our birthdays, his Jan and mine Feb, so our joint lucky number)

So obviously we then went on to thinking where we would like to go on honeymoon... We thought and thought and thought. We both couldn't think of anywhere we would rather go than our engagement destination "Disney World" so straight away it was settled we were going there and it just had to be re-named the "Disneymoon"

Soooooo back on the Dibb I went ahhhhhh it felt so good to be back! So I just happens whilst i was flicking through bits and bobs I came across ppl talking about the free QSDP coming out for 2014 the next weekon the 25th April. I thought it is a sign! We need to book!
So when Gav came home from work we got on deciding on a date, we knew due to cost we couldn't go straight after the wedding and would need a few months to save seen as though the wedding cost will of whipped us out!
I had always wanted to see the Christmas decs so we decided on Nov/ Dec. We had been really greedy this year and already gone for 3 weeks, so we straight away could not imagine going for 2 lol.

We absolutely loved the value resort and will deffo stay in one again in the future but this was the Disneymoon, so we thought we wanted to be a bit posher and check out what these moderates are all about. So after alot of research we decided on the gorgeous ❤Port Orleans Riverside❤
I emailed all the companies I could think of, asking about it and most of them said they can't give me a price until the next week.
So after many silly quotes. We finally booked with Charter Travel

3 weeks!
Thurs 27th November to Thurs 18th December
Port Orleans Riverside
Free QSDP ( we decided not to upgrade as we love to eat outside Disney to so thought we wouldn't use the DDP to its potential)
Car for duration
21 day Disney Tickets
Virgin Flights from Manchester

To be continued...

Edited at 11:21 PM.
Luby-lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Yeeey I am glad you have started this hun Your plans are looking great and I love your sparkly ring ! Looking forward to following your updates xx

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Would love to stay at port orleans, just loved visiting there
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Originally Posted by LaurenYorkshir View Post
Yeeey I am glad you have started this hun Your plans are looking great and I love your sparkly ring ! Looking forward to following your updates xx
Hiya!

Aww thanks, Its taken me all afternoon! After quite a few questions asked on here on how to add photos and deleting it once grrrrrr lol I fianally have done it just noticed a few mistakes so going to sort them out. But just wanted to get it uploaded encase I deleted it again lol.

Xx
Old 4 Aug 13, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Would love to stay at port orleans, just loved visiting there
Thank you

Its lovely isnt it I dont think we will ever be able to afford a Moderate again so we decided to go all out this once.
Old 4 Aug 13, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Glad to see you've done a pre-trippy! Looking forward to seeing FB updates when you're out there! :-) x
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Glad to see you've done a pre-trippy! Looking forward to seeing FB updates when you're out there! :-) x
Hiya Lucy!

Gosh its taken me all afternoon but ive started
Oh yes they will be plenty of those, just got like a million days to wait lol.

Xx
Old 4 Aug 13, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Luby-lu View Post
Hiya Lucy!

Gosh its taken me all afternoon but ive started
Oh yes they will be plenty of those, just got like a million days to wait lol.

Xx
It's great to see photos on here. I thought it was gonna be a nightmare and really technical to put photos on. If you wanna see some of mine from our trip in January I've just downloaded the Dibb app for putting trip reports on, it's under the photo trip reports section! There's not many but just a few I took on the iPad xx
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

A great start and congratulations to you both. We couldn't think of anywhere better either ! Looking forward to reading all about it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Welcome back to the Dibb Lucy and congratulations on your engagement, Disneymoons are the bestest! Look forward to reading more of your plans POR is such a beautiful resort, we stayed there in 2011 on our first trip. Good choice! Xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List