Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by LaurenPickle View Post
Oh how funny Julia! We're there at 5.40pm - if I spot you, I'll give you a wave I think I'm as excited about the night out as the rest of the trip altogether - the last one was my birthday in October, so it's long awaited!
I really enjoyed your last trip report (fab and your wedding was just beautiful!) so I don't know how I missed you had a new pre-trip report - heading over to read it now!
Hi we are eating at 6.00pm so we might see you. We're the same we don't have any time to ourselves either. You make the most of it and enjoy yourselves

Forgot to say well done on your weight loss, that's an amazing amount of weight you've lost
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenPickle
Excited about Disney

Just a mini update, because we're almost ready to go - just counting down now to booking fast passes.

I've booked Universal tickets at last - I'd almost forgotten that I hadn't yet booked it! I booked through Expedia which was about £8 per person more expensive than the cheapest that day (Attraction tickets direct I think), but I got £70 cashback from Topcashback, so it has worked out loads cheaper.

I haven't been shopping much, but I did buy these Lion Guard T-shirts for £3 each from Sports Direct Online. I had seen some in the Disney store for £7.95 each, so I was pleased to find a bargain!

I also designed some magic band covers with Magic Your Band. I was so impressed with them! I ordered Monday evening and they arrived Wednesday AM. There was a lovely note and a discount code too (Code now gone, sorry!). And there was even an extra pink one in the packet (which will come in very useful if either of the girls change their mind about their band.

Please excuse the blurred out bits - I added my phone number, in case they get lost. Mine is the top band - one piece and it has my favourite 3 rides on it. The husband's is a bit geeky, but it made him laugh when he saw what I'd created. The girls both have Princesses and Lion Guard, with a favourite 'naughty' character peeking in from the side - Penny has Prince John from Disney's Robin Hood and Connie has Scrat from Ice Age (not Disney, but she LOVES Ice Age so he had to be in there!)

Anyway, that's all for now Just counting down to this time next month when I can do on line check in for Art of Animation and book some FP+! Hope everyone's planning is going well!

Edited at 04:29 PM.
LaurenPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 16, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great updates. Love the magic band covers - if you still have the discount code id love it as planning to order mine. Great tip re phone number on the kids ones!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Uber cute girls!

I like my kids to match as well which they're happy to do (for now!).

I need to get better in Primark. We've a few 'flagship' stores within a reasonable distance but I'm quite bad at finding good stuff! Also my youngest and eldest are now in different ages in there so unless Zoey grows into the 7+ range (not likely as she's in 5-6 at the moment!) then they wouldn't match which would be painful for my OCD!
Old 20 Jun 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenPickle
Excited about Disney

Well, we're getting closer and have been crossing off the days on our countdown chart, which is very exciting, but has fuelled a daily argument about whose turn it is (the kids, not me and DH!).

The FP+ window opened for our Art of Animation stay last Tuesday, so I was able to book those 3 days right away. The first day, we're arriving too late to head to a park, so it was just our first two full days. I was really pleased to get all I wanted and close to the times I wanted too. Since Friday, it has been a case of logging on each day at 12 noon (I'm so relieved it changed from 5am!) and booking, and again, it has all been going well. On Wednesday, I'm going to try for Frozen though, so wish me luck!

I haven't actually done much shopping recently as any spare money has been swapped for dollars - I thought I'd better get on with it in case there's a big drop after Thursday's referendum! But I have picked up some pool and evening bits.

From Sports Direct, I bought pool shoes for us all and a rash vest for DH. The shoes were 2 for £7 for infants, £6 for mine and £3.99 for DH's (reduced to clear). The rash vest was £12.99. We all needed a size smaller for the pool shoes than our usual size, so I was glad I had bought them in store rather than online.

I also did some shopping at Lindybop when the AMAZING sale was on - it is still running, but not a cheap as it was the opening bargain weekend. It took FOUR HOURS to get the site to check out :angry: which is my excuse for spending over £100 - I had to make it worth my while after all that stress Most of what I bought was not specifically for Florida, but I am taking some of the dresses for evenings out.

The girls and I have matching Swan dresses for our Cinderella meal at the Grand Floridian. We thought the hotel and lobby would be a lovely setting for some pictures of us all dresses up. We were planning to take some photos on the beach too, but after last week's heartbreaking tragedy, we wouldn't feel right.

Mine was £9 and the girls were £5 each.

The girls wanted party dresses to meet the Princesses at Akershus, so I picked up these for £5 each.

For myself on date night at Sanaa, I bought this one for £10.

We won't mention the other five ... I'm so happy with them though, absolute bargains.

The weight loss is going well too - I have lost 4st 1.5lbs since last January and I only have 4.5lbs to go until I'm my goal weight. Although I won't be losing any this week after eating four slices of the cake I baked for our father's day party yesterday Chocolate orange fudge cake, worth it though!

Hope everyone's planning continues to go well!
LaurenPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great pre trippy! Your primark bargains are super cool. Love the dresses. Have a fabulous holiday 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay a great pre trippie! The girls and yourself are gorgeous, and what a holiday you have planned. Hoping to go in Aug 2018 with our son who will be 3 by then so I will be following with interest. Love your purchases so far!
Old 20 Jun 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant pre trip - we are out there at the same time as you 😊
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving your plans so far. Those dresses are too cute, off to check the sale now!

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, don't know how I managed to miss this pre trip so far! Great updates, loving the purchases (getting some ideas as our DD is 4.5 when we go in November!) How lovely to get your date night and the girls will have a fab time at AKL. Can't wait to read more! PS amazing weight loss well done! I have a shocking lack of willpower.. 😁
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List