Notices

View Poll Results: How much do you spend a year on holidays ?
0-£2000 22 5.07%
£2000 - £4000 58 13.36%
£4000 - £8000 139 32.03%
£8000 - £12000 125 28.80%
£12000 - £18000 53 12.21%
£18000 - £25000 18 4.15%
Over £25000 19 4.38%
Voters: 434. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#41
Floridarules
Imagineer
 
Floridarules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Somewhere between £6k and £12k.

Life is for living, to one of my friends that means £30 a day in the pub at least 300 days a year - £9k.

We go out, pub, meals etc but it's in moderation.
Blimey £30 a day in the pub?-10 months out of 12? They must like the pub😀 It is a fair point though, we spend £0 in the pub as not a fan, so good comparison 👍
__________________
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#42
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Blimey £30 a day in the pub?-10 months out of 12? They must like the pub😀 It is a fair point though, we spend £0 in the pub as not a fan, so good comparison 👍
Same. Less than £50 total per year in pub. Probably 3 restaurant meals at most per year (adults only). Both non smokers and very moderate drinkers (even whilst on vacation).

That is a major reason that we can afford the USA most/every year.

Life is certainly for living, but we all live differently!
__________________

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
#43
landandword17
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 17
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Same. Less than £50 total per year in pub. Probably 3 restaurant meals at most per year (adults only). Both non smokers and very moderate drinkers (even whilst on vacation).

That is a major reason that we can afford the USA most/every year.

Life is certainly for living, but we all live differently!
True. Just added up our total this evening (8-10K) and then I calculated how much it would cost to smoke 20 cigarettes a day and that put it into perspective. We live in a 2up 2down in a small town, I drive an 8 year old car, donít smoke, donít drink, rarely eat out, rarely buy clothes. I enjoy the theatre and husband follows Gaelic games but Iíve include trips to enjoy those in the holiday total. We both work a second job to fund the holidays and I do matched betting so we are doing something to make money 7 days a week and never touch our main salaries for holidays. Donít regret a penny spent on holidays because Iím definitely an experiences over things person. During this pandemic there hasnít been one thing Iíve missed being able to buy, but Iíve missed travelling dearly. Someday we may slow down a bit as Iíd like to live in a detached house with a big garden for once in my life having also grown up in a 2up 2down, then again doing 2 long trips abroad staying in a villa sounds like a good compromise!
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
#44
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Location: South West Essex
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
True. Just added up our total this evening (8-10K) and then I calculated how much it would cost to smoke 20 cigarettes a day and that put it into perspective. We live in a 2up 2down in a small town, I drive an 8 year old car, donít smoke, donít drink, rarely eat out, rarely buy clothes. I enjoy the theatre and husband follows Gaelic games but Iíve include trips to enjoy those in the holiday total. We both work a second job to fund the holidays and I do matched betting so we are doing something to make money 7 days a week and never touch our main salaries for holidays. Donít regret a penny spent on holidays because Iím definitely an experiences over things person. During this pandemic there hasnít been one thing Iíve missed being able to buy, but Iíve missed travelling dearly. Someday we may slow down a bit as Iíd like to live in a detached house with a big garden for once in my life having also grown up in a 2up 2down, then again doing 2 long trips abroad staying in a villa sounds like a good compromise!
It's funny you saying about cigarettes. I love cherries and have been known to end up spending best part of £10 on a bag out of season. When I get to the check out the price is almost always commented on. And yet no one ever remarks on the spending on cigarettes or indeed scratch cards I see people buying when I go to Customer Services.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
#45
Trickytenrec
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: May 21
Mobile

Iím in the first bracket 0-£2000. We donít usually go on holiday as we canít afford it. This year we had three nights away, visited a zoo and went to Alton towers (had passes for that) and spent maybe £500 in total including eating out, for 2a 2c.

Iím amazed and slightly envious of some of these holiday budgets, some more than my full time wage!
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#46
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trickytenrec View Post
Iím in the first bracket 0-£2000. We donít usually go on holiday as we canít afford it. This year we had three nights away, visited a zoo and went to Alton towers (had passes for that) and spent maybe £500 in total including eating out, for 2a 2c.

Iím amazed and slightly envious of some of these holiday budgets, some more than my full time wage!
We couldn't do it either when we had a young family, we spent holidays at my parents caravan and loved it but we're lucky to have had many amazing holidays since our family grew up (with and without them) - and I bet you will too.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5, GF x 1, Dolphin x 2
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Newport Bay x 1, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#47
Trickytenrec
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: May 21
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We couldn't do it either when we had a young family, we spent holidays at my parents caravan and loved it but we're lucky to have had many amazing holidays since our family grew up (with and without them) - and I bet you will too.
I know the holidays will get cheaper once the kids have grown up. I also chose a career renowned for poor pay but I love it, so I wouldnít change it anyway 🙂
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
#48
Greyfriars
Imagineer
 
Greyfriars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 08
Nothing since January 2020. Lockdown and cancer operation put the kybosh on that! Compensated by buying a new Lexus!
__________________
Welcome to my World!
Greyfriars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#49
maudyhill
VIP Dibber
 
maudyhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 11
Location: Nottingham

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So I would say between £10 - £15k
The house was desperate for some attention but kept putting it off as hols were priority to me.
Thanks to covid we have managed to completely do hallway ( incl. demolishing walls) renovated the whole kitchen / diner and had the driveway done.
But now let the holiday season beginÖ..
__________________


Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
#50
YorkshireT
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Blimey £30 a day in the pub?-10 months out of 12? They must like the pub😀 It is a fair point though, we spend £0 in the pub as not a fan, so good comparison 👍
They may as well spend it- they wonít be living a particularly long life if they are spending £30 a day, 6 days a week in the pub unless they are drinking soft drinks. That amount of drinking will take its toll.
__________________

Edited at 10:39 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DIBB Savings
AttractionTickets.com

Get £10 off each Disney Ticket with the code ATDIBB10

Get up to £50 off per room at Disney or Universal with the code DIBBHOTELS


theDIBB Blog
SeaWorld Orlando announce the grand opening of its highly anticipated new attraction, Penguin Trek, on... Read More »
A day at Discovery Cove is always a highlight of our trips to Orlando. Some... Read More »
The newest hotel around Disney’s Boardwalk area is the Swan Reserve, which opened 3rd November... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2356
CaxtonFX  $1.2290
Covent Garden FX  $1.2550
FAIRFX  $1.2388
John Lewis  $1.2412
M&S  $1.2224
Post Office  $1.2205
Sainsburys  $1.2353
TESCO  $1.2363
Travelex  $1.2403
Updated: 04:00 22/06/2024
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1567
CaxtonFX  €1.1491
Covent Garden FX  €1.1632
FAIRFX  €1.1571
John Lewis  €1.1585
M&S  €1.1403
Post Office  €1.1385
Sainsburys  €1.1560
TESCO  €1.1574
Travelex  €1.1589
Updated: 04:00 22/06/2024

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X