Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Jun 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Universal Annual Pass 3 month free offer

Hi

We have rearranged our cancelled July trip this year to next July instead and it looks like we will be coming back the following July (2022) for our honeymoon.

We are very much tempted to purchase two Premier passes using the offer that Universal have on now of getting 3 months free as it would last us the two July trips. (universalorlando/web...&parks=2&flr=0)

The only problem is you have to purchase the pass before the end of September this year.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a specific date that the pass has to be activated by? Or would we be able to purchase the pass now and not activiate it until we get there in July 2021.

I have emailed Universal a few days ago to clarify but have had nothing back and Im just wondering if anyone has asked recently and had this clarified.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23 Jun 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I read previously that there’s no restrictions on when you activate the pass.

If we go this August we’ll buy them and use again next August.

If we don’t go this August I’ll likely buy with this offer before it expires and use in 2021 & 2022.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I read previously that there’s no restrictions on when you activate the pass.

If we go this August we’ll buy them and use again next August.

If we don’t go this August I’ll likely buy with this offer before it expires and use in 2021 & 2022.
Yeah I can’t see anything in the terms and conditions of the offer to suggest an activation date but I have seen offers a few years ago where they did mention a specific date.

With everything going on I don’t imagine they will care when you activate it so long as they get the money in I suppose.

It really is a great offer and makes complete sense for us as we would be buying two 14 day tickets each for the two holidays anyway and now for slightly less money than what that would cost we can get Express passes after 4pm free prime parking and early theme park admission, it’s a no brainier really.
Old 23 Jun 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Yes I was looking at these as well. I did the online chat with universal and said I was coming in Sept 2021 and probably April 2022 as well so would the annual pass cover both dates. They said that as long as I purchase before the end of september 2020 I can activate on my first visit in 2021 and it will be valid for 15 months so will expire December 2022. It's a good deal.

Hope this helps.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Yes I was looking at these as well. I did the online chat with universal and said I was coming in Sept 2021 and probably April 2022 as well so would the annual pass cover both dates. They said that as long as I purchase before the end of september 2020 I can activate on my first visit in 2021 and it will be valid for 15 months so will expire December 2022. It's a good deal.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for this. I just got a reply from Universal that kinda said that as in it only starts from first use and dis lints starts then. However they didn’t specifically answer the question does that apply if I cant activate it until October 2021
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mickie they have answered your question they've told you that it doesn't activate until first time through the gates, the poster that you have copied just happens to be going in Sept 21 so that will be when they first activate it so in your case Oct 21 IYKWIM
When they've released this deal in the past there has always been a cut off date for through the turnstiles but there is nothing in the T's & C's this time- genuinely trying to get guests through the gates as opposed to the Mouse who with every announcement appear to be making it harder!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

It's a great deal isn't it. I bought a Preferred Pass last week and booked 7 nights at Sapphire Falls in September using the APH rate and plan on going there next year too. If I can't get there in September I'll still easily get two trips out of it with it lasting 15 months. I asked Universal about activating it and was told there's no activation date, it just has to be bought by 30th September. Several people elsewhere have also asked the question and been given the same answer.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's a great deal isn't it. I bought a Preferred Pass last week and booked 7 nights at Sapphire Falls in September using the APH rate and plan on going there next year too. If I can't get there in September I'll still easily get two trips out of it with it lasting 15 months. I asked Universal about activating it and was told there's no activation date, it just has to be bought by 30th September. Several people elsewhere have also asked the question and been given the same answer.
Ohhh so Sapphire Falls is my go to
Can I ask what the discount here was, I will go in Septembers, yes twice with the 15 month pass, but may cheekily put in a week spring time
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for all of the replies definitely buying them now for 2021 and 2022, really impressed with Universal atm and first time for us having annual passes so can’t wait.
Old 26 Jun 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m tempted to get these as planning August 2021 and October 2022. Would cover both trips. I will be mad with myself if I ended up buying two lots of universal explorer tickets!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List