Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred car rental company and why?
alamo 638 75.95%
hertz 41 4.88%
budget 17 2.02%
dollar 24 2.86%
avis 80 9.52%
sixt 13 1.55%
other 36 4.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 840. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Jun 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Those trucks were in the Compact area in February, DS thought they were the best thing since sliced bread! Nearly killed me trying to climb into the bloomin' thing, fortunately we had our own vehicle as well.
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Those trucks were in the Compact area in February, DS thought they were the best thing since sliced bread! Nearly killed me trying to climb into the bloomin' thing, fortunately we had our own vehicle as well.
I never feel the desire to visit Lowes when I'm on holiday to collect a dozen bags of cement, some sand and a thousand facing bricks. So we stick with a sedan.

Mick
Old 16 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I never feel the desire to visit Lowes when I'm on holiday to collect a dozen bags of cement, some sand and a thousand facing bricks. So we stick with a sedan.

Mick
Actually we did go to Lowes for some tin ceiling tiles (DS is refurbishing an old house}, but we would have gone regardless of vehicle! It did come in handy for the stuff he bought at Websters Flea Market!
Old 16 Jun 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Actually we did go to Lowes for some tin ceiling tiles (DS is refurbishing an old house}, but we would have gone regardless of vehicle! It did come in handy for the stuff he bought at Websters Flea Market!
Joan does a lot of card making and Grime Boss is very good for cleaning stamps (for printing not postage ). We always stock up at Lowes at Cagan Crossings. Two are currently available in aisle 4 bay 13 apparently. Let's hope they're still there in November or it's a trip up to Clermont.

A packet or two fit nicely into the trunk of ah Hyundai Sonata.

Mick
Old 16 Jun 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Joan does a lot of card making and Grime Boss is very good for cleaning stamps (for printing not postage ). We always stock up at Lowes at Cagan Crossings. Two are currently available in aisle 4 bay 13 apparently. Let's hope they're still there in November or it's a trip up to Clermont.

A packet or two fit nicely into the trunk of ah Hyundai Sonata.

Mick
Clermont is much nicer but it doesn't have a Starbucks on the site like Cagans Crossing!
Old 16 Jun 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Clermont is much nicer but it doesn't have a Starbucks on the site like Cagans Crossing!
Last trip to B&BW at Clermont on a Saturday last Nov. Candles on offer and queue line all through the shop and outside. People outside only being allowed in on a "one out - one in" basis.

Do you think they were training for something back then?

Mick
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Alamo is my preferred choice, always have good service and never had any hard sell.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Radel
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Would anyone recommend or warn people off using Budget - they seem cheap with BA fly drive
Radel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Radel View Post
Would anyone recommend or warn people off using Budget - they seem cheap with BA fly drive
I would most certainly recommend them. They are my company of choice and are part of Avis. They may not have much choice, but I have never had a duff car and frequently a free upgrade.

I must add that I have taken budget from Holiday Inn, Orlando x2, Miami, Pensacola, Tampa, Dayton OH and San Francisco, but never MCO .

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:04 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

For the last few years we’ve used Alamo the straight to garage beingbthe big draw
But we e just booked a BA fly drive and car hire is budget it was a no size car for just £600 more than car hire only with Alamo Brits DH and the 2 Gdks 2 days later £400 cheaper PE and a second car if he takes it
I’m rehearsing the no no no no speech as I type this
DS and family will join us for the last 2 weeks and DH will come back out with them £540 cheaper than economy flights and seperate car hir for PE and an S group car
I’ll grab the kids and bags when they get in to the main terminal while he waits in the que he’s also,practicing the no no no speech
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List