Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Oct 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Update
DH spent 2hrs on hold to Disney this afternoon. They said our AP cancellation is in process but they are behind with getting these processed. They confirmed ours had been requested to be cancelled and reassured us the refund would be coming our way either to our Fairfx card or by cheque as our card expires end of October. I think the $64 dollars we had might be the refunds they’re currently giving for the platinum plus part for the water parks closure ?
Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I was just surprised to receive a refund as I was not expecting one.

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Update
DH spent 2hrs on hold to Disney this afternoon. They said our AP cancellation is in process but they are behind with getting these processed. They confirmed ours had been requested to be cancelled and reassured us the refund would be coming our way either to our Fairfx card or by cheque as our card expires end of October. I think the $64 dollars we had might be the refunds they’re currently giving for the platinum plus part for the water parks closure ?
Ah yes I remember now this being mentioned as happening but assumed it would happen after they had processed all the refunds to be honest. I guess they are thinking those that are keeping the passes would rather get the refund sooner than those of us who are fully cancelled already lol. How strange. At least the mystery is solved but sorry I pushed you to waste so long on hold!
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Ah yes I remember now this being mentioned as happening but assumed it would happen after they had processed all the refunds to be honest. I guess they are thinking those that are keeping the passes would rather get the refund sooner than those of us who are fully cancelled already lol. How strange. At least the mystery is solved but sorry I pushed you to waste so long on hold!
You didn’t push me lol. We needed to find out as our Fairfx card will expire end of October. Fingers crossed we all get our refunds soon.
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

We just have been lucky as hubby upgraded his in Feb and had only used it a few day’s and he had the whole upgrade cost refunded a few weeks ago
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by terriandaaron View Post
We just have been lucky as hubby upgraded his in Feb and had only used it a few day’s and he had the whole upgrade cost refunded a few weeks ago
Not sure if that's luck. Others have reported getting back the time period left on the pass. It sounds like you actually got under that if the pass was valid from Feb and instead just got the upgrade price. This was what I was wondering would happen for those of us that upgraded. For me it works out about the same either way (I think there was about $25 more if they did time left rather than upgrade price) so it wasn't a big deal. Sounds like you are happy with this though which is great. Still no sign of mine but I feel I might be getting a cheque. I emailed to see if anyone could confirm but was told that cheques can take up to the end of October (the date moves every time I feel) and refunds take up to "2 cycles" to be actioned so I assume this is 2 months from the time they disappear off the app. Mine disappeared early September so I'm going to wait and see for awhile yet.
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Still waiting too and ticket still showing on mde !
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by terriandaaron View Post
It should have been the cost of the pass not any upgrade cost. The amount of time you used it has nothing to do with it either. We got back $200 more per pass than what we paid to upgrade them.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Still waiting too and ticket still showing on mde !
If its 2 "cycles" from when it disappears you might have a long wait

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
It should have been the cost of the pass not any upgrade cost. The amount of time you used it has nothing to do with it either. We got back $200 more per pass than what we paid to upgrade them.
This is what I thought it should be too. Which would mean someone who brought their pass in February should really be getting back almost the full value of the pass which is why I replied. As said mine either way works out about the same as I got in September 2019 and roughly 6 months use is the same as price to upgrade a 14 day ticket so it wouldn't bother me either way just wish I knew if a cheque was on its way or not! I've tried contacting AP services and they said they can't tell how the refund is coming out so have to just keep an eye out but how will I know if the cheque has got lost in the post?
Old 27 Oct 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Still no sign of a cheque. I am so bored waiting! I just wish they would tell me if its coming by post or not as I'm so paranoid its just got lost in the mail somewhere lol
Old 2 Nov 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

Does anybody know what the process is if you would like a refund on an AP that has not yet been activated?
DW and I bought APs for a trip that we should be on at the moment as well as going for the 50th next October, but we aren't really confident about doing that trip either. 2 x Platinum APs is a lot of money tied up with no trip currently planned
TIA
David

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List